car wont start. boy this is not my week

james852

at my local petrol station which by the way I am now on first name bases. as I go there a lot these days. :teeth: as I was filling the old girl up I noticed my side lights where flashing at me every 5 seconds or so? I did wonder if it was trying to warn me of something with mores code! or it was just the car was about to go nuts and die on me. one or the other. anyway when I got home the cooling fans came on when it was not really hot more like warm. as it was colds and snowing a little.( zed dose not like snow ) which flattened the battery. ow happy days.

so the next morning

I charged up the battery but now the car wont start or even turn over. its like the immobiliser is stopping the car from turning over. or something :dry::rant:

anybody got any ideas??????

And who said cars dont communicate with you.

well the battery is taking a charge and all the electrics in the car come on it just wont start. but if it is just battery then i will be very releaved. :yahoo:

going to get it picked up on my mates transporter and taken to the nissan dealer. will see then.

I have a nagging feeling that this was discussed before in relation to the immobiliser locking when the battery dies. Anyone thinking the same?

that sounds like that could be it. but why the cooling fans where spining and the lights where flashing me i dont know.

One fan is for the A/C. The other is for the engine. The Z runs fairly hot. Go for a short drive, park, leave her for an hour, go back and you'll find she's still warm.

As for the lights I would guess it's the alarm detecting low power rather then the car.

It may have a "fail safe" in it, I've come across this in security systems in buildings but not cars, but it seems to follow the same symptom. Maybe one of our guru's will know, at least you are running now.

i wish the z is still not running. :dry: its getting or lonly in the drive. waiting for it to be picked up to go off the the nissan dealer.

Sorry, not reading thread properly.

Really frustrating for you, but then you already knew that. Can only think immob software has tripped "safe" part of code. Would have been interesting to know what AA / RAC would have made of it as they often know a few tricks that dealers won't tell you.

Can't think of a solution for you I'm afraid.

• 2 weeks later...
that must be unusual. Are Nissan offering to pay. I would hope at least they go half way.

+1 - unless you parked the car in a pond or have removed some trim then it must be down to design that the water got in....

Out of interest in that case, where is this circuit board, and how did the water get there??

not Nissan wont pay a penny. it is located next to the battery. basically I hit a puddle and the water got blasted up and ran down a relay and onto the circuit board and fried it. it is out of Nissan warranty so it leaves me with big hole in my pocket. they did say they could clean up the board and reuse it but I didn't want to do that in case I have any other problems and could do more serious damage.

i have a mate that owns a garage so i will get him to pay for it that way i can get the vat back. one good thing i guess.

ow also they said they have never heard of this happening before. so i was the first to do it:yahoo:

and the car is in telford where it came from i am in hereford about 2 hours away should have the car back in saturday thou. as part is on its way should arrive on the 1st