Looking at buying a 350Z

ihboyrude94

Hi guys im new to Zed forum,

Im going to do the standard noob questions as im sure you've all seen a thousand times (sorry), I have a Honda civc type R just now but lookin at getting a 350, I have had a look but cant find a topic on them so here we go haha,

.How common are the transmission problems.

.What are the most common problems apart from that.

.What do I need to look for.

.What do I need to test on a test drive.

and anthing else I need to know?

also do you guys have a buyers guide on here? :)

Cheers guys

Ruairidh.

• Like 1

What sort of zed are you after and what's your budget I MIGHT be selling mine very soon. Black nismo GT full black leather history 3 keys, smoothed front bumper with washers bixenon drl headlights etc etc with 51000 just reached 55plate

Which Type R do you have? I've got an EP3 as well as the Z. The Z is a totally different drive.

It's more costly to run due to the size of tyres/ fuel costs and in my experience while the Z is quite reliable the honda is bullet proof and never misses a beat.

A lot of used Z's seem to end up needing a new clutch/flywheel within the first few months and be ready to fork out £700 + for it.

Performance wise the Z isn't much quicker than the EP3, so if you're hoping for a upgrade in that department you may be disappointed.

the Type R was also an option for me, and maybe in future who knows. the tax works out the same as well as the insurance for me. Fuel costs are 4-6 mpg difference. It will be okay for now until the fuel price goes up, a lot of type rs do have 18/19s on them but they are much lighter cars, Like go karts,

EP3 is a classic, i was tempted by the fn2, apparently the ep3 is faster

Edited by GranTurismoEra

While stats may say the type r only gets a few mpg more than the Z it's completely different in the real world. I average about 19mpg in the Z, get about 30 in my type r. Might not be the case for everyone I guess. The civic is really fun to drive but it just doesn't feel anywhere near as special as the Z.

I test drove an FN2 before buying the Z and was completely underwhelmed by it. Vtec certainly didn't offer the punch that the Honda boys make out. The Z is definitely quicker, unless I suppose your constantly bouncing the CTR off the redline - and frankly who can be bothered with that all day every day. The CTR may possibly handle better due to weight but the one I drive - which was standard and very low miles, felt extremely hard and every bump was horrible, whereas the zed is a little more refined. The zed is not perfect, but a step in the right direction

Shame Honda dont do coupes, and they are releasing Type R coupe for America and maybe a new s2000, The civic is too light, but handles well. The quality doesnt feel all there compared to the Z. Z is a quick car, but in the real world especially nowadays its probably mid range compared to some other beasts. Which is why people just charge it, Torque is ok, combine that with N/A v6 you got a natural beast. CTR 2015 may be a vast improvement over FN2, apparently with small mods it can get to 350......

Im happy with the Z, you can still have a lot of fun. its not always about crazy speeds, but how you feel when you drive it and how it handles, i did some miles with the previous owner love it! on a long journey you dont feel fatigued at all....which is suprising.

These Honda boys came from saxos, clios etc. That to them its fast, plus they like being able to corner with ease, just like the Z to me is quick coming from a 1.8 civic, to a long term owner probably not so the supercharged version is quick, and so on.....but when you start getting used to speed where an M3 e92 etc isnt fast enough then you probably need mental evaluation :lol: . clio 182 was quick to me in 2004 when my bro got it brand new va va voom!

Edited by GranTurismoEra