2006 350z GT Mishimoto parts, spacers and passenger side respray done.

Superman001

Hey guys I used the Zed for my weekly 430 mile commute yesterday and it managed about 31-32mpg which is very good.

Unfortunately I was stuck in the bad M6 gridlock because of that accident and the car didn't like idling for hours. I stupidly nearly flattened my battery by having my phone plugged in for an hour with the engine off. As it struggled to restart the ce light came on. The car has been fine since so I need to try the ecu reset procedure later on.

Also found that the previous owner had fitted a pop charger and Nismo oil filler cap.

20160221_133237_zps4tonescm.jpg20160221_154735_zpsgoie0dk6.jpgIMG-20160213-WA0000-1-1_zpsrvbidpwi.jpg

Edited by Superman001
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Fitted a Honda RDX stubby aerial today and noticed that a neighbour had vandalised the Zed.

There's a 4-5ft key mark down the passenger side, it must of happened no more than 30 minutes before I went out there as there was paint dust on the scratch still and there's a bit of a breeze out there.

After I washed it I moved the cars around and put it in the drive way.

Edited by Superman001

I don't know what's the matter with people. Why do you suspect the neighbours?

It happened outside my other half's place, my place is 23 miles away so it's not practical to leave there.

The scumbag neighbour with half a dozen kids has a thing for my other half so it was either him that keyed the car or he got one of his kids to do it.

The kids were hanging about the car just before I went out there to fit the RDX stubby.

It's just really annoying that I can't prove it. Mind you even if I saw it happen nothing could be done about it without video evidence.

Edited by Superman001

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I agree with davey. The last picture if rolling towards us would push water to the outside. If rolling away it would push wster to centre of tyre.

Unless the tyre is only available in the one configeration and it is sufficiently capable?

I agree with davey. The last picture if rolling towards us would push water to the outside. If rolling away it would push wster to centre of tyre.

Unless the tyre is only available in the one configeration and it is sufficiently capable?

It may not look right but I'm sure Uniroyal has done sufficient research into making this a safe tyre. This is better than the Rainsport 2 and that was regarded as a decent middle of the range tyre for 10 years.

This topic has been covered on multiple forums and I can assure you they are fitted correctly.

Screenshot_20160428-203201_zpsqdkr9bar.png

Edited by Superman001

Thats basically what i meant. It is only available in one tread pattern and is sufficiently capable both directions.

If it was a directional tyre. It would be fitted wrong but that snapshot clears it up

• Like 1

Outer part of the tyre is directional but can be fitted with way, says it all. Surely one side of the car is shifting water better than the other? Not for a second pretending I know more than uniroyal but aesthetically they look odd left to right.

• Like 1