burning cds.........

stuey

which disc's you using,could be the brand of disc's that your stereo doesn't like :wacko:

are you coping the .mp3 files straight to the disc or in folders, such as

1.mp3

2.mp3

3.mp3

or

tracks/1.mp3

or

tracks/ablum/1.mp3

???

im using a cd rw now but i just dont know how to use the programme................. :blush:

Do you have any CD-R (not RW) media? If any type of recordable media is going to work, thats going to be it.

If its just a case of copying the MP3 files on to a CD as MP3 files, you should be able to use Windows XP's built in capabilities to do it. Try opening the blank CDR in My computer and then dragging your MP3 files onto it. You'll then have to click the "Write these files to a CD" button on the left.

If you are using Vista, I'm sorry but I don't know what the process will be. I'm sure its got the capability though.

Reading this thread I'm getting confused, ok I know I start in that state normally.

May be able to help, what is it you are trying to do ? and I don't mean burn MPs etc. e.g. Get more music files onto CD's to have fewer in car, put files onto a memory stick or other device to play in car or something else ?