Do JDM tiptronics have the shift up indicator light?

glastoveteran

Do you mean a warning light when the rpm reaches the gear limit? I don't think it has that - I'm a bit of a sunday driver so never really use the tiptronic feature. The only display i'm aware of is the figure under the rev counter telling you which gear you're in (when in auto mode it will always read 'D' of course).

Do you mean a warning light when the rpm reaches the gear limit? I don't think it has that - I'm a bit of a sunday driver so never really use the tiptronic feature. The only display i'm aware of is the figure under the rev counter telling you which gear you're in (when in auto mode it will always read 'D' of course).

Well on the UK manuals you can set number of revs at which a red light will begin to flash below the rev counter telling you to change gear - I guess so you can still concentrate on the road and see it flashing in your peripheral vision.

No great hardship without it I guess!

Well on the UK manuals you can set number of revs at which a red light will begin to flash below the rev counter telling you to change gear - I guess so you can still concentrate on the road and see it flashing in your peripheral vision.

No great hardship without it I guess!

My JDM manual one did that also..

Obviously irrelevant well using the fully automatic gearbox, but is there a shift up indicator light when in tiptronic mode? Doesn't look like it from what I can see on photos...

Simple answer is no. But honestly, you don't need it.

Oh, by the way, the shift is ultra smooth and fast. :thumbs:

Obviously irrelevant well using the fully automatic gearbox, but is there a shift up indicator light when in tiptronic mode? Doesn't look like it from what I can see on photos...

+1............ who needs a manual :wacko: wen it can all be done for ya......... :yahoo:

+1............ who needs a manual :wacko: wen it can all be done for ya......... :yahoo:

I didnt know yours was an auto Stuey...never noticed :blush:

sure is auto old bean................... :thumbs:

but dosent stop the sideways stuff tho duz it......... :yahoo:

No I like auto's , in fact for the majority of the time , with the traffic situation as it is ! I wish I had an auto gearbox on any vehicle :)

No I like auto's , in fact for the majority of the time , with the traffic situation as it is ! I wish I had an auto gearbox on any vehicle :)

people also think that in a manual you can change gear quicker................................ :wacko:

but you cant............. ;)

no one can change quicker or smoother than an auto......... :)