And so it begins! ZZZZeditus

LDUNKZ18

some progress on the z. gonna be a busy week.. work then home to prep and paint bike parts for my uncle and then crack on and get the z primed. hopefully my mate is going to service it for me this weekend too and my stillen y pipe and berks hfc's should be in too so hopefully the new system will be fitted too.

also received my steering wheel from atomic350z and emailed royalsteeringwheels about a re-trim.

20160327_145249_zpssdrwfrxa.jpg

who needs a radio when you have a v6 to listen to.

20160327_145251_zpsltzjndoq.jpg

decided to have another bash at rolling my arches.. one down one to go. took me about an hour and a half, the cars on stands so will need to put it down on the deck once the other side is done to check if they need any more to finish them off.. lots of heat and patience is the key haha

my w brace is looking ropey haha its a single exit exhaust so wont take long to remove when i change the w brace.. its £170 on torquen motors, cash is reserved for paint job at the minute but it is on the list.

• 1 month later...

I've been flat out the last few weeks getting the car ready for spraying and due to work being quiet this week managed to get friday off and the boss let me get in to use the booth, got the car painted friday, bonnet and bumpers done yesterday. still handles, petrol flap, a pillars, side skirts and spoiler to paint but will get them done this week. delighted with the job and glad i kept it white.

20160506_125555_zpsqcyikeav.jpg

20160506_125611_zpsgw4neg4k.jpg

20160506_125629_zpsxmj2b2zd.jpg

20160506_164205_zpsossnwdmr.jpg

20160506_164215_zpsfs9dera5.jpg

20160507_115516_zps2cd9af5u.jpg

20160507_115525_zpsq8c2zhyd.jpg

20160507_115533_zpslojxjjsl.jpg

20160507_145945_zpsgca5dszj.jpg

20160507_145952_zpsxuwpyvo1.jpg

• Like 1

I'd love that cabin in the middle of nowhere, in the snow. Grow a beard, get stocked up on J&B.

The Thing.

"I'm gonna hide this tape when I'm finished. If none of us make it, at least there'll be some kind of record. The storm's been hitting us hard now for 48 hours. We still have nothing to go on"

"One other thing: I think it rips through your clothes when it takes you over. Windows found some shredded long johns, but the nametag was missing. They could be anybody's. Nobody... nobody trusts anybody now, and we're all very tired.

Nothing else I can do, just wait... R.J. MacReady, helicopter pilot, US outpost number 31"

Edited by TT350

• 4 weeks later...

woaah didnt realise how long its been since i posted on here. been hectic at work and then coming home to work on the z. After painting it i went to work early the monday morning to get what i could fitted up and drove it home after work with no mirrors again etc haha.

Had to paint pillar trims skirts mirrors eyebrows and filler cap in my home made booth, also painted the handles white which have turned out looking great on the car.

On holiday this week so hopefully get it finished off, got the skirt extensions to paint and the middle of the front bumper, then fitted back up, waiting for a few bits to get hydrodipped by 2kcustoms, hopefully get them this week which means i can fit the car up completely, also waiting for my headliner to be done which i can't wait for, will upload pics when i get it.

Got my Berks hfc's stillen y pipe and my isr gt single exit fitted... was a complete f**k about but with a bit of patience and head scratching i got it to fit.. The middle box kept hitting the prop whenever tightened up and was also against the w-brace.. so after a few nights of messing about with it and due to not managing to get a long rubber i spaced out the bracket that attaches to the bottom of the car, got the back box lined up, block of wood in between the prop and box, tightened everything up and hey presto! not touching the prop or the w brace! sounds epic too!

Also got my new headunit working thanks to buster from the zed shed for guiding me with what wires needed joining to give me sound.

• 2 weeks later...

a few pics from the last couple of weeks, more will be uploaded over the week. z was mot'd tonight and passed no bother. finishing touches over the weekend and a good clean and polish and that's it done.... for now...

New headunit that i replaced the android one with as it was useless in my area as connected through 3g and 4g.

20160605_195100_zpsy6uedurw.jpg

done a bumper tuck also as with the single exit didn't look good with the twin exit style on the rear, seen some bumper tucks that imo are too high up, i'm delighted with how the tuck turned out, managed to keep the taps and plastic clips intact on the bumper too in case it needs reversed.

IMG-20160607-WA0008_zpsocnllcu1.jpg

almost 3 weeks of sun and the week of mot it rains :( finishing touches over the weekend to be done, badges to get painted and go on, a machine polish all over, and good detail/clean. still got my tarmac sportz side skirt extensions to go on but due to the road conditions and the fact i live up a farm track i have no idea how long they will last before they get destroyed. Also waiting for my new wheels from tarmac... hopefully in next week.. can't wait.

IMG-20160615-WA0001_zpswqypiin1.jpg

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

some update pics of the z finally out the garage. been flat out this last week hardly had time to get a pic with new wheels on.

20160624_181957_zpsvz6zgtkn.jpg

20160708_175225_zpsxhrkvgfu.jpg

20160708_175243_zpsr74qda8a.jpg

20160708_175331_zpstzzau4gs.jpg

Also got the new private plate on, the jr18 wheels completely change the car for the better i think.. still to get the skirt extensions on but been busy with homers. I should be getting a rear window lourve from grundy too once he's made them, i think it will make the rear hatch look mean as hell!, also snapped a pic of the z beside my other pride and joy, 1993 vw vento or jetta if your an american.. it started life as a 1.6, i bought it when i was 18.. i'm now 23 so ive owned it longer than any other car ive had.. i'd scrap it before selling it to someone haha its now a 2.8 vr6 and the next plan is to turbo the vr6 engine.