CHANGING STEREO/RADIO UNIT

nissanjuke

Get something that plays well with your phone, be it apple, android, Windows, whatevs. There's literally nothing more frustrating than having to tit about connecting via Bluetooth, or cables, two foreign devices which don't like to play with one another. For me, I want to be able to climb in and not touch a thing and the music to stream straight off my phone and also read out my navigation.

Also if you get one with a USB port, make sure it's accessible. Mine's round the back, which is a royal PITA for firmware updates :lol:

Last but not least, plan ahead for the fact that the stock Bose amp works at some freakish voltage so it doesn't neccesarily play well (extreme low volume) with aftermarket units.

If I was buying one today, I'd be going full car play and integrated sat nav - nice and clean, no cables or need to stick your phone or sat nav to the dash or windscreen.

Just get a HU with where the USB is extended off the unit itself, then you can and an extension if needed, my USB is in the cubby between the seats.

I run a Pioneer SPH-DA120, and have routed the cables so I can have CarPlay or AppRadio ;)

But as SuperStu has mentioned, plan ahead with what else you might want from your audio.

Personally, I went and changed everything, not one piece of OEM audio is left in the Zed

CarPlay only works with the standard Apple Lightning cable plugged into the USB port.

AppRadio uses an AV adapter to connect to HU via HDMI. I have both because the AV adapter uses the feed from the lightning cable also.

Meaning when I want to use AppRadio, I simply plug the Lightning cable into the AV Adaptor.

AFAIK CarPlay is only possible via hardwiring, until there is a wireless solution