advice black S3 and rotary polisher

Spatt

Hey guys. after a quick refresher on the old rotary polisher.

Just found my old polisher (its the silverline one that Adz posted in the op)

I know its not the best but bought it because it was cheap and i wanted to correct my old red Peugeot 206. It worked a treat though there where some small marks i didn't have the confidence to take out.

So now my friends just got hold of a black Audi S4 and he wants to polish it up. we wont be looking for amazing mark-free results but we just want to have a 'play' and try and get it near to 85 - 90% on the whole i think a good wash will do wonders for it.

So what pads and polish please to get things started.

Thanks in advance

Matt

BWAHAHAHAHAHA :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry, but Audi S paint is the spawn of Satan. Prepare for HOURS of graft to see even the slightest improvement, it's a nightmare. You'll want some aggressive compounds and pads, and a lot of them. The Scholl S3 would be a good place to start, and I like the Lake Country pads so blue is the most aggressive one they do. Then you can step down to 17+ and finally 30 in the Scholl range. You'll end up with a lot of holograms at first, but persevere and you will get there. :)

Don't be afraid to give it some stick, but as always start with the lightest stuff and work your way up. Even though the light stuff won't touch it, but just in case ;)

Edited by Ekona
  • Like 1