Tablet installation

tobyn123

Hi there guys and girls,

Soooo I know this is not a new subject, and it has been done before however after much forum and google searching I can't find the answer im after - So here we are!

My plan was to remove the nissan birdseye screen and replace it with a nexus 7 (v2 - 2013 - current) - Keeping the nexus behind the plastic surround so the screen lines up perfectly and looks nearly OEM (From what I have seen most have done it in front of plastic). I was kind of hoping it would be a matter of centre cubby unit out, slot in the nexus and re assemble with sleep cycle being doing from the app automagic premium when the ignition is turned on/off. The tablet will be used for torque pro, spotify & waze - with sound going down the usb into my pioneer HU - this will allow for steering wheel controls to still work and power.

However Now I have removed the centre cubby the tablet is too wide to fit without some cutting of the mech for the cover. I can live with this however i've got little experience cutting plastic neatly. So in a don't ask don't get kind of way - Does anyone have any ideas/know of any pre moulded plastic surrounds i can buy to make this possible, If people want it i'm more then happy to do a step by step guide if required.

many thanks

t

Ive just had an audio system put into the 350 of which is amped with tweeters/components and sub but Ive an alternator noise coming through the system. Question is I had a tablet in prior to this and it worked fine using the torque app etc but now after this install its lcd screen shows many lines and is ghosty/misty not solid. Audio wise ive a silencer to fit to the rear of the HU to try and suppress the alt noise but could this cause the tablet screen issue, the touch screen still responds.