Wiring stereo help please! (Lots of pics)

Has

Hi guys (sorry for the huge pics, I didn't know how to resize on the forum)

I'm trying to wire in a headunit I just bought from here that came with all the wires etc...

Ive fitted a few headunits in the past so thought I would give this a shot today. Would really appreciate if anyone can see anything wrong here.

I just cannot work out why it won't power on! What am I missing? Pioneer headunit wiring up to my 04 Bose with steering wheel control

So this is the whole lot connected. I think it gets a bit confusing because of the pioneer ipod box...

mo5SlGH.jpg

Also some close ups of the wires before going in the car.

Qn6gP0t.jpg

TwgEqU0.jpg

EwbqI6p.jpg

APlN5u7.jpg

Now on to the car install... as you can see, it got a little dark. The 3 obvious connectors connected to the ones that were in the original Bose headunit.

ZW6DrHW.jpg

7stUuRK.jpg

Earth to the black wire coming out of the pioneer headunit

EIq2LFe.jpg

Ng6o1KP.jpg

White and blue wires joined together.

eglkbkc.jpg

I do have this white and black wire hanging, don't know what it's for... Is this my problem?

MHK0k6h.jpg

I'm not sure what the wires are exactly but from memory on my install, one of them had to switched round because power wasn't going to the amp.

I don't currently have the connector for the steering controls so mine may be a little different. I'll pull my unit out tomorrow and check for you as I'm running a pioneer too.

A pink wire springs to my mind.

This might even be helpful to you, http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/55445-wiring-in-a-new-hu-this-guide-may-help/

Maybe the black and white loose wire is a ground that's not been connected.

Hope it helps

Edited by L3W15

P.s That wiring looks like an absolute pigs ear, I would be tempted to see if you just cant buy a new harness for the stereo, relevant iso connector and simply plug it together, rather than what you have of nissan connectors soldered onto pioneer harness.

The original fuse could easily have blown when you took the old unit out/put the new one in, check 12v at block connectors if not there then check the fuse. And as BM says try relocating the earth if the above is not successful and go from there😄

Sent from my Zed using Nangkang tyres front, RE040's rear

Maybe worth checking if the male and female connection for 12v are matching? It happened to me once (different car, not zed). The aftermarket connected/harness that I bought has the power (12v) pin in the wrong slot hence no power going into the headunit.

• Like 1

Thank you everyone for helping out. Had a read and went back out there... I think part of the messy wiring is the fact the buster mod has been done the very long way where the pioneer wires are mixed and matched with Nissan wires...

Anyway, the problem was what Jetpilot suggested about the black and red wires. In the mess of it all I hadn't plugged it in where it should go... Also the ground wiring was a mess and hanging on my a thread but I soldered it and got it sorted.

Thanks again guys. Just time to tidy it all up!