Falken 453 Review

370Ad

Sorry Ekona but I got an amazing price on these 453's (£450 fitted all round) so thought it was worth a shot as I did like my previous 452's on the 50.

Initial impressions after 500 miles is that they are very good. The most noticeable change is that the road noise has been heavily reduced from the RE050s. Wet grip is far better, I can give the car some stick in 1st and 2nd now with minimal wheel spin. Dry grip has not been tested yet due to our great British weather though...

Just confirm this review is after 2 brand new sets of the Bridgestones and I am not comparing old tyres with new. So for a good 25%+ saving I am very pleased so far.

I cannot compare them to the forum hero that is the MPSS as I have never used them. Seems like the MPSS is in short supply at the moment as I couldn't get the rears from anywhere on the web.

Further to come once dry grip has been tested!

• Like 2

Not hugely surprised that the 453s are quieter than the 050As, Bridgestone have never really done quiet tyres.

Are you sure wet 'grip' is better, and not wet 'feel'? I'd be surprised if it was tbh, the 050A are excellent in the moist. When you say you're not comparing old vs new, do you mean that the 050As you've just taken off were reasonably new too?

Good to see someone else getting interested in this! :D

• Like 1

Not hugely surprised that the 453s are quieter than the 050As, Bridgestone have never really done quiet tyres.

Are you sure wet 'grip' is better, and not wet 'feel'? I'd be surprised if it was tbh, the 050A are excellent in the moist. When you say you're not comparing old vs new, do you mean that the 050As you've just taken off were reasonably new too?

Good to see someone else getting interested in this! :D

Wet grip itself after comparing 2x new sets of Bridgestones definitely gives you more confidence in the corners and seems like there is less spin when trying to cause loss in traction :lol:

No the Bridgestones I took off were absolutely shot even comparing them against ditch finders in that state would be unfair. I am talking about when both tyres were new/bed in.

I do 15-20k a year so easily go through a set of tyres a year. Time will tell as it really does depend on how they wear and what the dry grip is like but early impressions are very positive B)

• Like 1