What have i done?? EML light on !

jimmy.farrow7

Alright guys popped to the shop last night and everything was fine in the car no warning lights etc just normal.

Role onto this morning and it is lovely day and sunny so i thought i would swap my intake hose as mine is old and tatty for a new Samco one. Anyway i disconected the MAF sensor, removed my pop charger, disconnected the small hose underneath the intake hose and then undone the 2 clamps and a few screws until the intake was free and then reassembled everything with the new samco hose all hoses reconnected and maf sensor attatched, i turned the car on and the EML light stayed on :(. I put the old intake hose back on after to see if this made any difference but the EML light stayed on, could this be due to installing the new intake and its just kept the light on. Any help and advice would be appreciated.

Jimmy

Edited by jimmy.farrow7

I understand about the tube but what about the MAF ?.

As long as the engine is off, disconnecting the MAF with or without battery won't cause a CEL. Hell, I've disconnected and reconnected them in the past with the engine running, normally the CEL just goes away once you plug the MAF back in and reset the code.

Looks like the intake tube needs spinning around as that should run on the underside.From memory I think that goes behind the plenum but I could be wrong.

Edited by Payco

I havent connected it there its has been like that for the last 18 months connected on the plenum to the original intake hose. I found one the same on google images.

0705_turp_02znissan_350zengine_bay_zpsgnwppru1.jpg

there are a lot of aftermarket intakes on 350z's on google images and the have the hole for this on top of the plenum underneath the throttle body.