Clarkson looses money....

Sylvester

its hard to seive the truth from the hysteria the media creates these days . . . there are only so many times newspapers can cry wolf until people dont bother listening to it at all. Maybe if they reported stuff accurately in the first place rather than hyping it for paper sales, we could actually rely on it when things are actually worth looking into.

This to me though, just identifies a loophole in the banking system that needs closing. . period. .

And the CD thing was over hyped. . .people make mistakes. . @*!# happens. . .infact it has probably happened more times than you would ever believe, its just that only recently the papers have realised you can make a nice scare story out of it. . .

eh?

What kind of country is that overthere? :lol:

You just need a bank account number and you can witdraw funds?

Whatever happened to ID validation, autographs, security codes, digipasses etc etc ???

Ive been done so has my brother thankfully they caught the person who done it, got hold of my account number and address, not racist or stereotyping, but it was a nigerian who done it, and they have caught a lot of them out, they mainly target on ebay, can hack through paypal accounts too :rant:

They have no proof as who did or didn't set it up. For all the bank knows, it is someone in their own organisation doing it to teach him a lesson. We've got verification, and to set up a direct debit you have to give a fair bit of info, plus they post you a Direct Debit guarantee. They have to. So if he didn't receive one, that should make the bank look internally in the first instance.... :scare: