£5 MOT

DarmoZ

If anyone is looking to book an MOT soon I recommend heading over to http://www.servicingstop.co.uk/.

They have a January sale so you can book MOT for £25, then a local garage gets assigned and picks up / tests / drops off your car

I told them i would rather drive to the garage instead and they were fine with that.

Anyhow zed passed MOT and then a couple hours later got some emails from a member of staff at service stop who said he can cashback £10 card if i leave a review on Trustpilot website, so i did. Then he said he can refund another £10 for a Google review, so i did that aswell, in the end my MOT passed and it only cost me £5! Happy Days :)

Edited by DarmoZ

Leave a review, or leave a positive review?

/cynical ;)

I'm going to jump on the cynical bandwagon...

Always wary of 'mot deals' - would rather pay full price and know that they'll go round it truthfully rather than charge £20 for an mot and then find things wrong to fail it on.

my gf was once charged £20 to set the headlight aim?! used to work in a garage when I was a student and if aim was out it was just adjusted there and then FOC.

Hi Tom,

I know what you mean and i was wary of this deal as well, but since it was cheap, the website and company legit, and it was most of the month left till expiration, i thought why not. If they bullshit me reasons for failure ill just say thanks, walk away then ring my mate mechanic to stick my reg through the computer and pass it for me.

But the garage that the site assigned to me was very good, i watched them work and he went over the car thoroughly, the only advisory he gave was front brake discs and pads which I was already aware of and bought parts from cougar store getting fitted this Thursday, probably not all garages are honest though you are right, guess I just got lucky.

Leave a review, or leave a positive review?

/cynical ;)

I'm going to jump on the cynical bandwagon...

Always wary of 'mot deals' - would rather pay full price and know that they'll go round it truthfully rather than charge £20 for an mot and then find things wrong to fail it on.

my gf was once charged £20 to set the headlight aim?! used to work in a garage when I was a student and if aim was out it was just adjusted there and then FOC.

Agree with this - rather pay more for peace of mind with reputable/regular tester than some low price enticement special offer.

Its checking the roadworthyness/safety of your car FFS :scare:

Edited by The Trouser