Is it worth it?

rich9001

Hi all, I fitted some arch liners last week and while I had the wheel off I noticed some rust forming. Is it worth getting the wheel back off, cleaning the area and getting some hammerite on there? (que a possibly silly question, would i be safe to use an electric sander to remove the rust?)
Thanks
[img]http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i106/go_mental/350z/2016-01-15%2018.12.21a.jpg[/img]

If you do decide to go ahead and clean up the affected area,after sanding off the surface corrosion, you may wish to use the Bilt Hamber range of anti corrosion products.

http://www.bilthamber.com

I use the Hydrate 80 on my Zeds rear arches and can recommend their products.

• 2 weeks later...

Just seen this, I still have the arch liners which you could of had. The last time I took it in to Lockwood and Greenwood I asked for them to be refitted but they didn't want to attach them as that bumper is missing some of the fixing points.

[quote name='Gudzy' timestamp='1455319986' post='1585967']
Just seen this, I still have the arch liners which you could of had. The last time I took it in to Lockwood and Greenwood I asked for them to be refitted but they didn't want to attach them as that bumper is missing some of the fixing points.
[/quote]
:oops: I did notice you'd bought some liners when I was looking through the stack of receipts but thought they may have been added and removed, or for the back, oh well :) Not to worry, I made some new fixing points with my drill :evil: bwahahaa.

[quote name='rich9001' timestamp='1455331372' post='1585980']
Not to worry, I made some new fixing points with my drill :evil: bwahahaa.
[/quote]

I was never brave enough to take a drill to fibreglass. What does it look like now?

[quote name='Gudzy' timestamp='1455355499' post='1586009']
[quote name='rich9001' timestamp='1455331372' post='1585980']
Not to worry, I made some new fixing points with my drill :evil: bwahahaa.
[/quote]

I was never brave enough to take a drill to fibreglass. What does it look like now?
[/quote]

I've not painted it yet, just waiting until it gets a little warmer to start crawling around on the floor again. It definitely keeps the engine bay cleaner though!

[img]http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i106/go_mental/350z/2016-01-15%2018.13.51_1.jpg[/img]