P1 done today

Zummertor

£186 ish

Dealer wanted £32 to fit wipers, needless to say declined got Bosch ones from Hal$%^$, always found them good, certainly will do for now.

Got a comment on the report thing they do, "blue interior lights".

Break pads at 50% so, question is what should I be looking for to replace them with when the time comes ? At the moment everything standard UK MY04.

Front.

Don't track it, most miles on longish runs, only minor playing. :teeth:

Not really heavy congestion around this part of world, quite a few twisty single track roads and an awful lot of speed limit signs, designed to make moeny for the contractor who puts them in for the council as the same company is the councils road advisor (or something like that).

a lot of people have problems with squeeling on pads, seems a lot of this is due them not getting up to temp or being used hard enough (more track - than they are road pads)

i'm hearing good things about Performance Friction pads :teeth:

a lot of the time people dont realise pads have to be run-in correctly otherwise they will never perform properly

give bigphil a call, he is very good with advice B)

i got a p3 comming up next month at 25k miles.........

how much should that be........?? :blush:

p3 or p1???

errmm.............. the big one................. :blush:

P3 :thumbs:

p3 at 189 rips............... bargain.................... :yahoo:

• 1 month later...

Had my P1 two weeks ago at 30k, Originally booked in £180 but i phoned around the day before & another dealer same company quoted £140, i asked how much they were charging for Oil which was £50. Complained to original garage before taking in car & forced them to match the price, I supplied the oil & it eventually only cost £85. They did try to catch me out on breaks, reported discs & pads on front 95% warn Quoted £600+ to replace. Ouch

Two seperate garages disagree the discs need replacing but one said it wouldn't hurt to recondition one disc on the lathe ? Anyone ever tried this route ?