OEM spring length

GrahameJ

What is the OEM spring length?

I have just bought the Meister Zeta-S coilovers in the group buy, and must say the quality seems very very good:

http://www.350z-uk.c...-buy-interests/

I want to start off at stock ride height and adjust from there.

My Zed is a daily driver and I want real road performance, with the ability to get over speed bumps without slowing to a snails pace!

In motorcycle racing terms I'd be looking at a setup for the Isle of Man TT races or Irish Road races,

able to cope with bumps and jumps, rather than smooth circuits such as Donnington, Brand's Hatch etc.

I have searched the forums and been unable to find a figure, but maybe someone has an OEM set in their garage that they could measure? ;)

Edited by GrahameJ

If I had to guess, I'd say that you'll want to put them at the max height they'll go to as most aftermarket stuff is lower than stock at the base setting.

Could you not just measure your current ride height before you swap them over?

• Like 1

Thanks for a quick reply, and I do intend to measure the current ride height before fitting.

What I don't want to do is start stripping the car down, fit the shocks and then find that the max height is lower than what it is at the moment :-(

If I know the length upfront, then I can plan accordingly and maybe get some alloy spring spacers made up,

and still have 43mm of adjustment on the spring perch to go lower.

Right, gotcha. :)

Might be worth speaking with Meister R directly, but I'd be very surprised if the kit sat the same as stock at the max settings. That said, I would be equally amazed if those settings weren't more than sufficient to clear any speedbump without issue: Certainly on every car I've ever fitted new springs and dampers to that were adjustable, I've always been able to set it at a sensible height as I don't see the point in going super-low either. I think you're probably over-thinking this if I'm honest, which is of course the better way to be, but it's not something I'd give a second thought to. Even just dropping 20mm would still clear any legal speedbump with ease, plus you'll have firmer dampers too so the car won't sag as much when you do come across the bump.

Thanks for that which may help somebody fitting new springs, but the front spring lengths aren't comparable in this case as the MeisterR Zeta-S are true coilovers, preloaded to 200m, with a separate lower perch for ride height adjustment.

It's the rears which still use separate springs as per OEM that I need the length of.

Here was Jerrick's reply in the group buy section:

Hi Jerrick,

can the shocks be setup for standard ride height?

My daily drive involves country roads, potholes and speed bumps,

so I don't want the car sitting any lower.

The front shouldn't be a problem, the rear should be okay also.

Not something I have come across before, but judging from the 350Z suspension design, it should give plenty of scope for ride height adjustments.

Jerrick

As Ekona said I may be over thing things, but it would be nice to know.

Edited by GrahameJ