lodgers

stuey

I have one, but she pays half the mortgage!! :teeth:

(Hope she doesn't read this!! :scare::lol: )

There are a couple of websites mates have used to advertise. What about mentioning it at work to see if people you know have friends / family that need a place? :)

Guest prescience

Contact the HR department of any company locally with a national reputation - they will have quite high standards as to what is expected but you will get good money and reliable lodger :)

might be looking for a lodger............. :)

Definitely a good idea to look for a large employer in your area who are expanding and trying to contact them directly. They may deal through agents though and won't talk to you.

Failing that use Google to download a sample contract with all the right small print. Ohh, and put a lock on your bedroom door and get a small floor safe :teeth:

• 1 month later...

Gumtree is a good place to start in gathering interest...there are also quite a few "flatshare"-type websites out there, but I've yet to find one that looks good...

As for "reliable" tenants - that's what the screening process is for!

Where abouts are you?

Good luck buddy.

I'd think very carefully before taking a logder - is the extra money worth the loss of privacy and personal space?

If you have a really big property then I suppose it could work but you could get really fed up having someone else around all the time. You not got any friends that need a place to stay?

What if they want to bring friends around and you don't get on with them? The only lodger I would have is someone I know, or know through family - we rent a house out and thats bad enough for being bothered all the time.

think ive gone off the idea now................ :surrender:

lol sorry dude, I've had a lodger before but he was my bro. That wasn't so bad. Can be a real pain though - def ruins spontineity in a relationship (ie, can't bend the missus over the ktichen sink incase the lodger walks in).

lol sorry dude, I've had a lodger before but he was my bro. That wasn't so bad. Can be a real pain though - def ruins spontineity in a relationship (ie, can't bend the missus over the ktichen sink incase the lodger walks in).

AND thats bad how??? :lol:

AND thats bad how??? :lol:

Dude, you may like your bro that much but I don't!

Now if it was a female lodger that might be different...

I would of thought it was illegal to force someone to do the washing up if they dont want to 'that' badly.... :p