removing door card

Spatt

I need to remove my door card (if it ever stops raining) to have a look at an issue with my driver side window,

The issue is like its come out of the track / holder or something.

It goes down fine but if i let it go all the way to the bottom it wont go back up. I have to hold the window switch in the 'up' position with my left hand and bang on the door really hard with my fist to make the glass jump back into the window mechanism.

Should be an easy fix right?

cheers for any advice,

Matt

The door card is one of the few things on the Zed even I feel comfortable taking to pieces :lol:

A few of those handy trim tools are good for easing it off and keeping the likelihood of cracking/bending clips to a minimum. Also, if the heating has been on and warmed up the plastics they are more friendly than when they're stone cold. Take it out for a blast with the heat cranked up before you do the job.

Actual removal is easy just remove the screw cover and phillips screw from within the door pulland then pull carefully but firmly upwards on the plastic door pull until it comes away ,you will see 2x 10mm bolts with phillips head in 1x at each end holding door card .

there is also 1x shorter 10mm phillips head bolt hidden at top under a small plastic cover behind the lever you use to open the door ,with silver handle pulled back you will see small rubber grommet in a recess that stops the handle when released the grommet stays in the plastic but that little biece clips out look deep inside you will see the 10mm bolt .

rest of card just clips of as held by usual trim clips

you will then see a metal panel which has the motor and the regulator assembly attached to it but is of course on the other side still in the door the whole assembly is held on by 10mmm bolts all round edge which would need removeing ,but first remove the window glass by lowering the window until the window carrier bolts X3 can be seen through the access holes which are covered by plastic black vinyl circles ,i remove them and glue them back after as i have OCD.

with window removed you can prise off the complete metal panel away from the door, unplug wiring looms and turn over ,

the motor can be removed by undoing three phillips screws .

If you then remove the motor top cover from the motor armature you can inspect the brush's and clean up .

THis little job as an hour if you handy with the tools ,but if you need to replace the brushes it will be a little more fiddly and more time consuming

hope this helps, sorry it s a bit long and rambling but im doing in a hurry as i should be doing some real work lol

If the window had a guide or holder issue it would be falling around in the frame .If as you say it is fixed firmly but will not go up or down you will find it is the common window motor problem ,motor bushes worn or stuck easy diy fix really ,i wont try to describe that repair as i think someone else has done a how to if you use the search