Anyone seen this car before? 2006

rednecs

Hi

I'm hoping to get myself one on these beauties soon and came across this one on ebay. Ticks all my boxes apart from higher tax rate!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111866358814

Does not mention any service history and seems to have an engine idling issue. I was wondering if any of you had come across this one before, anything I should be looking for in particular or any red flags!

Not a big fan of the tint on the tail lights tbh, is it easy to restore this to look stock?

Many thanks!

If the idling issue is £75 to fix, why doesn't the guy fix it before selling? Same with the cracked front number plate, "little mark" on the wheel arch and scuffed alloys. It probably needs a new battery as well considering the jump leads in the passenger foot well. Acellera tyres are budgets so I'd want to replace those. All the small things make me think that it's not been looked after... however I guess it could be a bargain if it was cheap enough to fix what needs doing and there's nothing seriously wrong. Considering it's a Revup (06, in between DE and HR cars) I'd probably try and get a HR or an older lower tax model.

• Like 3

The fishing rod ariel gives it away as not being a forum car 11 out 10 pe0ple get rid of them .

Haha, I would do the same!

If the idling issue is £75 to fix, why doesn't the guy fix it before selling? Same with the cracked front number plate, "little mark" on the wheel arch and scuffed alloys. It probably needs a new battery as well considering the jump leads in the passenger foot well. Acellera tyres are budgets so I'd want to replace those. All the small things make me think that it's not been looked after... however I guess it could be a bargain if it was cheap enough to fix what needs doing and there's nothing seriously wrong. Considering it's a Revup (06, in between DE and HR cars) I'd probably try and get a HR or an older lower tax model.

Some well spotted details! I was looking at DEs, as HRs a bit out of my budget. This looked interesting as is a Revup for DE money, considering the low mileage. As you say, depends on how much it takes to fix the bits and pieces. Main concern would be the idling issue. How much would new battery and tyres cost?

Thanks!

Not a big fan of the tint on the tail lights tbh, is it easy to restore this to look stock?

Many thanks!

Hopefully they are just tear off adhesive strips, new back lights for the facelift are £300 or so.

Pete

• Like 1