Phil's 350z track day toy

philw99

Oh damn it! As I have one for Z, but like the look of that carbon one and was hoping I can get one as well lol but can't be arsed with trimming it and trying to make it fit lol

Dremel makes light work of it, just takes so long knowing what to take off.

See what the finished article looks like but couldn't get the angle of the gauges to my satisfaction.

No sure what i'll fix it to the pillar with yet

Oh damn it! As I have one for Z, but like the look of that carbon one and was hoping I can get one as well lol but can't be arsed with trimming it and trying to make it fit lol

See what the finished article looks like but couldn't get the angle of the gauges to my satisfaction.

One I bought from Tarmac, came with little hole in it, to use a screw to screw it to the A-pillar, but I didn't fancy having a screw, so used one of them glues from Halfords, that comes in 2 tubes and you mix them together and it's solid.

• Like 1

One I bought from Tarmac, came with little hole in it, to use a screw to screw it to the A-pillar, but I didn't fancy having a screw, so used one of them glues from Halfords, that comes in 2 tubes and you mix them together and it's solid.

Think i'll do the same.. glue :D

Vlad used an epoxy resin from the sound of it in his post Phil.

Personally I'd just use a lot of 3M double sided tape and maybe 2 screws as at least that way it'll be easier to remove should you need to than if you've glued it on. That's how I fixed my twin guage pod on my old Zed. ;)

Good luck with your build thread. :thumbs:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Still got the boost gauge and AFR to get working, wires are inplace ready. They can wait till the next stage of the build.

Still need to make a final decision on the location of the AFR sensor, might make changes to the de-cat. Current sensor is set way back, presumably to stop the engine light coming on.

Oulton park next weekend, can't wait.

They cancelled already? Blimey, must be horrendous up there then!

Not actually had the email from Javelin yet! expecting it any minute. It's bad near me and i'm not that far away from Oulton.

Forcast didn't look that bad for tomorrow

Yeah, I just checked the forecast after I posted that, it looks fine. I reckon you'll get some running at least, MSV are pretty good at clearing their tracks and if you can get a little sun out just to clear the ice, you'll be okay.

I've done Combe before in -3c, and Spa opened up about 11am after the majority of the snow had gone a couple of years back. Fingers crossed for you mate :)

• Like 1

pssh we did snetterton as it was snowing... they just said 'we have the track, and these are the driving conditions - if you're happy driving in them then have at it!'

only time I've had a trackday cancelled was because of thick fog that had refused to budge by midday.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone had experiance with the diftworks handling pack? need to work on the suspension as it makes loads of noise.

Not going to bother with the coilovers as i've already have BC coilovers fitted, just thinking about the camber arms etc?

Maybe swap out some bushes at the sametime :blush:

http://www.driftworks.com/nissan-350z-handling-pack.html

• 4 weeks later...

Hopefully going to pickup a pair of these for the Z today :)20160416_133708.png

Praying I'll be able to make them fit how I want! More headroom needed.

Just want to keep Dan happy, know he hated me having harnesses over the traditional Z seats. ;)

Sent on the move, excuse any typos :)

Edited by philw99
  • Like 1