air filter re-colour

saint

I just got a pop charger and although the black filter on it is fairly neutral against the engine bay, I'd rather have it coloured to match my theme. I read from googling that you can dye them using cleaning kits, has anyone tried it or is there a better way? Sorry for the noob question!

It's not a noob question, in fact I'm pretty sure no-one has ever asked that question before on here. And for that, I'm pretty grateful. ;)

No reason not to try, but there's definitely such a thing as too much colour coding. Also, air filters get dirty pretty quickly, so you're going to have to keep on top of it if you want the colour to stay.

• Like 1

Personally I wouldn't start messing around with trying to dye your air filter as you may mess with the way it filters.

There are plenty of cone filters available, all different sizes, in all different colours from lots of different manufacturers. Best thing to do imo is just to buy one that's the correct size in the colour you want ~ then sell on your unused filter. ;)

For example I used to have a Blitz SUS power filter on my old Impreza which allowed for the choice of either a red or blue filter.

80mm-blitz-sus-power-core-type-lm-air-filter.jpg