DIY front lip fitting....

nowhereboy

I've got my tarmac sports gt front lip sat in the house and while I was planning on getting it fitted when I get the respray next year I'm getting impatient and fancy fitting it myself, just unpainted for the time being. A test fit shows it sits nice and flush already, just not too sure how to go about attaching it. Will some 3m tape do the job for a temporary fit or is that a bad idea? If it needs drilling do I just attach it first and drill holes behind the wheel arch then fit screws with a little washer? I've never done anything like this before but I'm pretty handy with a drill etc. Is this worth attempting myself? It's going to drive me mad waiting until next year haha...

Was a right pain in the ass fitting it solo :lol:. I'd recommended two people for anyone else fitting one. The 3mm tape I bought just wouldn't stick, in the end I drilled holes and screwed one end on first then fitted the other side afterwards. It's currently held on by 3 self taping screws on each side, it seem's sturdy tho. It doesn't quite sit flush all the way along but it still look's good and will do for the time being. I'll get the bodyshop to fix it properly when I get the paint sorted.

18k7s8.jpg

Still more than happy with the result, set's the wheels off nicely and the cars starting to take shape. Can't help but thinking a big gay wing and side skirts would compliment it nicely..... It's literally never ending :lol:

• Like 2