Saints Zmas List

saint

I'm expecting to spend a lot on the zed in the next few months and I've come up with the following wanted parts list, looking for good 2nd hand offers if anyone has any of these:[list]
[*]Miltek y-pipe
[*][s]Hydraulic bonnet struts, ideally carbon fibre[/s]
[*][s]Carbon slam panel[/s]
[*][s]Carbon battery / brake fluid cover[/s]
[*]Carbon door pillars
[*][s]Pop charger / decent air intake[/s]
[*]Gold coloured hoses
[*]Gold coloured engine bay bolts
[*][b]3/8th plenum spacer[/b]
[*][b]Decats[/b]
[*][b]Left side steering wheel controls (volume etc)[/b]
[*][b]Drivers side door ventilation vanes[/b]
[*][b]Carbon fibre engine cover[/b]
[/list]
All parts needed for [b]DE[/b] 350z, UK spec.

Edited by saint

Re: Gold coloured engine bay bolts.
I used "Password:JDM" washers when I had my Zed with stainless steel bolts.

[img]http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj236/GMballistic/020_zpsvh8ozemk.jpg[/img]

Mine were red but they make them in gold too as below.
Password JDM gold coloured washers with stainless steel CSK bolts: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GOLD-Password-JDM-Washer-Kit-8pcs-HONDA-SUBARU-CIVIC-INTEGRA-TYPE-R-JDM-EP3-EK9-/161581833108?hash=item259f071b94:g:xSUAAOSwBahUzWqk

I know Torqen can apparently supply "[color=#242627][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(230, 237, 240)]titanium custom bolts, washers and nuts, available in 6 colours - polished/natural, gold, black, green, purple, gold" as advertised in this thread: [/background][/font][/color]http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/97603-torqen-350z-de-engine-bay-dress-up-stuff-what-do-you-need/
Otherwise if you type "gold bolts" into the eBay search bar then literally thousands of options appear providing you know what size you want.

The other parts are worth keeping a close eye on the "for sale" section as those type of parts do pop up on here fairly regularly over the year otherwise have a look at some of the other excellent traders on here should you wish to buy new parts if you have no luck in the second hand market. Good luck. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Admittedly on the bolts front, I was reluctant to piece together a kit myself from generic parts but it seems easy enough to find the sizes needed, plenty of bolt threads ([s]no [/s]pun intended) on here. I'd do the same for hoses but the cost of one-off manufacture is way too high and there's gold kits out there.

Nice engine bay btw, looks like a motor that means business B)

• Like 1

[quote name='saint' timestamp='1450785744' post='1566291']
[b]Nice engine bay btw, looks like a motor that means business [/b] B)
[/quote]
Oh it did. :evil::drive1

Was supercharged giving out 436Bhp@fly so went very well. Had to sell it earlier this year though unfortunately as a new house purchase with my Mrs meant it wasn't practical enough for what we needed at the time as well as a little more expensive to run than my current car.

My build thread is in my signature if you fancy having a look at how it got to look like that. ;)

[quote name='GMballistic' timestamp='1450786020' post='1566295']
[quote name='saint' timestamp='1450785744' post='1566291']
[b]Nice engine bay btw, looks like a motor that means business [/b] B)
[/quote]
Oh it did. :evil::drive1

Was supercharged giving out 436Bhp@fly so went very well. Had to sell it earlier this year though unfortunately as a new house purchase with my Mrs meant it wasn't practical enough for what we needed at the time as well as a little more expensive to run than my current car.

My build thread is in my signature if you fancy having a look at how it got to look like that. ;)
[/quote]

I'll have a look, making sure to squint at any mention of money! My zeds already got bits from 5 or so forum members on it, I think by the time it's done it'll be the cheapest most 2nd hand Zed out there! The perks of picking a zed as your first "real" car...

• 2 weeks later...

Courtesy bump, and another item to add:
[list]
[*]Drivers side door vent / assembly
[/list]

I promised my old man I'd fix the car before I mod it...and honestly this zed must have been built by a trainee given the amount of crap that's broke in the last year!

Hi mate, I still have my carbon battery and fluid covers somewhere.. I stuck them down with silicone/mastic (though granted didnt stick to the oem plastic too well)

Anyway there is still some silicone stuck on the back as got bored of peeling it off and put them back in the garage lol

£60 posted?

Carbon is all in good condition, can fish out some pics if you are interested :)

• 1 month later...