Rear washer floods headlining!

GappySmeg

New here, so apologies if this is the wrong section.

My 350z had been sat for a while before I bought it, and I noticed the washer water stank. So I set about flushing it through with warm water + small amount of disenfectant. This worked great for windscreen and headlights, but nothing was coming out of rear window jet.

I perservered like a pillock, until eventually noticing the rear of the headlining was now soaking wet... and it STINKS!

So, any known issues here? I obviously need to get at the hosing taking water to the rear jet... does the headlining need to be removed? If so, how?

Any advice, greatly appreciated.

Well, found some workshop manuals at nicoclub.com... very useful.

Have managed to release the headlining enough to get a look/feel, and discovered the hose leading to the grommet in the bodyshell is only 3-4 inches long, and not connected to anything!!!

Yikes... looks like whole headlining will need to come out so I can ensure the whole hose run is connected and in good shape.

The aforementioned service manuals are a little light on detail, so if anyone has actually done this and can offer some practical advice, I would be very grateful.

Perhaps they forgot to connect up the rear washer pipe when they fitted the new roof. :lol:

If you partially drop the roof cloth at the rear you should have enough wiggle room to reconnect the pipe, or at least to see what is wrong.

New roof?!?!? You've lost me (which is generally not that tricky!)

I've dropped the headlining enough to see that there is only 3-4 inches of pipe, going nowhere! Clearly the other end is swinging freely under the headlining, but I've no idea where.

Does anyone know what route the tubing takes to get to the centre-rear of the headlining?

Also, anyone know a good way of cleaning the headlining, as I reckon I'm going to be left with a slight tide mark.