Clutch problems? Not any more !

Kharmon

20151216_134501_zpsivd4u4bw.jpg

So after my clutch started slipping on my new car after 6000 miles and nissan refused to replace it I had enough of waiting around and trying to fight my case .

I purchase a new extreme clutch and light weight fly wheel which includes a new csc and braided clutch line. This was recommended by Horsham developments who also carried out the task of fitting and as always with them they have done a smashing job and I'm already over the moon with the new kit having only done 40miles.

I'm currently on a running in period of 600miles before I can drive aggressively but I can already feel the benefits of the lighter single mass fly 1st 2nd and 3rd the car seems to accelerate and pick-up revs alot faster the difference is night and day so much better I would definatly recommend this mod .As for a stiffer clutch pedal yes but it's only marginal with this kit also the noise of the fly wheel is also marginally louder than stock. It also isnt snappy as its not a paddle clutch so still drives ok in traffic. I'll do another post once it's ran in :)

Edited by Kharmon
  • Like 2

It's a shame that Nissan didn't sort it for you, but glad to hear you're enjoying the new kit :) I have the Xtreme clutch + SMF for my 350z and love it too. They make great products :thumbs:

On a stalk-ier note, I went to drop off my wife with Liz the other morning and saw your 370 again. B)

Good thing they gave you guys your own dedicated traffic light too. Must have been a nightmare getting out before! :scare:

Edited by Hodaka
  • Like 1

It's a shame that Nissan didn't sort it for you, but glad to hear you're enjoying the new kit :) I have the Xtreme clutch + SMF for my 350z and love it too. They make great products :thumbs:

On a stalk-ier note, I went to drop off my wife with Liz the other morning and saw your 370 again. B)

Good thing they gave you guys your own dedicated traffic light too. Must have been a nightmare getting out before! :scare:

Yes they are Good! haha we will have to have a drive out in the summer see if we can get a few of us together from this area .Yeah the drive is a nightmare and as I found out this morning the traffic light doesn't work for my motorbike for some reason

Yes they are Good! haha we will have to have a drive out in the summer see if we can get a few of us together from this area .Yeah the drive is a nightmare and as I found out this morning the traffic light doesn't work for my motorbike for some reason

Yeah definitely. I know there's a few of us interested in a meet etc... so definitely should sometime next year. :)

Concerning your bike, maybe they installed a detector/sensor thing under your drive. Would make sense I guess as there obviously won't be many people going in/coming out of there. Anyway, I heard that bikes can be too small to trigger those, but you can stick a strong magnet under your bike to trigger them. Maybe worth a shot?

This is the video I watched ageees ago about it:

• Like 1

Think i may need one of these for my 350 HR. Its only done 10'000 miles but when giving it a good blast i sometimes get a smell of burnt clutch. Ps im also in surrey so a meet would be good

Edited by MIGWEL

Think i may need one of these for my 350 HR. Its only done 10'000 miles but when giving it a good blast i sometimes get a smell of burnt clutch. Ps im also in surrey so a meet would be good

I'd definatly recommend this kit but I have only done 60 miles with is now haha so I don't have much to go by yet

Has there been any adverse affect on the rev match capability of the car? I've heard a lightened flywheel could mess that up

None at all. If anything down shifts are smoother . I wasn't aware it could mess the rev match up ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk