Clutch problem on a Qashqai

ZEUS

Ive got a problem with my Mrs Qashqai, clutch pedal started staying down last night and today it's totally gone. I've refilled the reservoir with brake fluid as it was empty and got a bit of a clutch back but then the fluid level dropped to nothing again. I've checked the master cylinder and pipe work and can't find a leak so I'm guessing it's the slave that's buggered? I can't find a leak around the gearbox area though.

Any thoughts anyone, am I missing something obvious or do you think it does sound like the slave? It's a 2007 1.6 petrol if that makes a difference.

Thanks Chris.

If the CSC has failed then the fluid will eventually leak out from between the engine and gearbox bell housing.

I would also check the master cyl. :thumbs: for leaks, however my money is on the CSC.

You don't say the year or mileage of your car:

So perhaps a warranty claim ?

The gearbox has to come out to replace the CSC so worth considering swopping out the clutch and fly when you are in there. :thumbs:

Thanks Alex, Master cylinder looks clean as a whistle and it's a 2007 car with 135,000 miles on it so no warranty. The clutch was done at around 120,000 by previous owner. I was hoping it was the master cylinder because I'd do that myself but I don't fancy scrabbling around under it on my drive to do the CSC.