hand brake binding?

JohnUKVetteNut

just got back from short run ( 8 miles) and the rear o/s drum was VERY hot as i found out when I washed the car. STEAM.

Pads are good but could the hand brake be "jamming" or something. Would it help to operate handbrake when going slowly in reverse to maybe help something from unjamming? ( tech phrase that)!

JohnUKVettenut

2005 FairladyZ

Thanks for replies...have not had time myself to diagnose but did try turn wheels ( rear with it up on stands) but could not feel any bad resistance other than LSD?

garage looking at it today said most likley caliper piston jammed/corroded. i trust the garage as he knows 350z and looked after my Corvettes for 15 years. You think 350,s have tricky handbrakes..Corvettes 1991 to 1997 were almost useless even when new!!

will post again when garage diagnosis known..just before Christmas eh? need that!

:rant:

JohnUKvetteNut

• 2 weeks later...

OK local garage ( who I have used before..restored front end of my Corvette) have quoted £1600. Inc new wing( Nissan one -refused to use pattern one), used door in perfect condition, and will pull out rear 1/4 panel. Includes vat and labour and materials ( except any door furniture clips/parts that break on removal and need replacement) and repaint all l/h side of car ( their paintwork is excellent).

2nd week in January start.

Cant wait and will stay away from parked low loaders in future i promise!

JohnUKVetteNut