whats the difference between BOLA CSR & JUDD T311r?

RDON

Greetings fellow Zedders. I am trying to find out what the difference is between the BOLA CSR and JUDD T3115 alloy wheels as they look pretty much the same! is one company better on quality etc? are they made by a third party for them? there is a price difference fur sure!

hopefully you experienced experts on here will know more ;)

Hi guys,

Judd and Bola wheels are made in two different factories. However the Bola CSR is actually made in the Judd factory, just to different specifications. The basic design is the same, although the differences are as follows:

The fitments: The Judd wheels are larger, wider, have more concave, and a more aggressive offset

The quality: To allow for the more extreme concave and lighter weight Judd wheels are made using pressure casting and are heat treated, Bola wheels are low pressure cast.

The finishes: The Judd wheels have higher quality finishes on the wheels although the Bola finish is just as durable.

Both brands are owned by the same company, but are quite different brands.

Hope this clears things up!

Cheers,

Dan

I'm not a technical expert on wheels, but from what I know, the Judd wheel is lighter because it can use less metal to achieve the same strength if you like.

So effectively they will both be as strong and safe as the other, it's just the Judd wheel will be lighter.

There must be some differences though, as I know that the Judd wheels are manufactured to a standard that will pass the very stringent TUV testing, the wheels simply don't have the certification yet due to the astronomical cost involved. This might also be true of Bola although I'm not 100% sure, sorry.