Scary Scary! Anyone bought a car from S Ireland and imported to UK

Flex

Not the same, but I would definitely agree with what Coldel said about swallowing the airfare if the car isn't as described. I saw my truck and thought "great, it's not as described, but I'm here and it should be ok" I had a gut feeling and I should have listened to it. You might get there and it's perfect, but if it's not, don't be too pig headed to walk away like I was. I'm now several thousand pounds and many hours in to get the truck almost to a level it was supposed to have been on purchase.

I had a quick nose on a japan auction site and there are a few R33GTR VSpecs on there, one with just 34k KM's on it. If its a keeper, wait that 3 months extra and get it via an import company which will give you some guarantees over a quick buy in Ireland which might cause you problems - I am not sure why your friend would say a compression test is worthless as it would indicate the car has internal issues and be running down on power, be interested to hear a view on this, as most of the collected Skyline knowledge on the forum were keen to get me to at least do that test or chuck it on some rollers for a dyno run.

I had a quick nose on a japan auction site and there are a few R33GTR VSpecs on there, one with just 34k KM's on it. If its a keeper, wait that 3 months extra and get it via an import company which will give you some guarantees over a quick buy in Ireland which might cause you problems - I am not sure why your friend would say a compression test is worthless as it would indicate the car has internal issues and be running down on power, be interested to hear a view on this, as most of the collected Skyline knowledge on the forum were keen to get me to at least do that test or chuck it on some rollers for a dyno run.

How much was that one up for Col?

Also I've booked my flight now so rude not to go!

Edited by Flex

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so I'm about to pyut a deposit down on a car, fly over Friday, collect and ferry back. Never done anything like this!

I don't think there's any VAT/Duty (yes I'm an accountant but it's not something I've encountered before), DVLA I think is fairly straight forward. It's a second hand car btw.

Anything I need to consider?

I'll update with what it is as soon as it's on.

Hey bud. I've done it. Bought mine in Ireland. It's re registered in uk now. Pm if you need some help. Had to do learn for myself but I would have loved some info from someone that did before me.

Ok so I'm about to pyut a deposit down on a car, fly over Friday, collect and ferry back. Never done anything like this!

I don't think there's any VAT/Duty (yes I'm an accountant but it's not something I've encountered before), DVLA I think is fairly straight forward. It's a second hand car btw.

Hey bud. I've done it. Bought mine in Ireland. It's re registered in uk now. Pm if you need some help. Had to do learn for myself but I would have loved some info from someone that did before me.

He's actually bought his car now and brought it back to the UK already.

Thread is here; http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/104029-r33-gtr-vspec-pictures-in-op/

Might still like your input though. :thumbs:

He's actually bought his car now and brought it back to the UK already.

Thread is here; http://www.350z-uk.c...pictures-in-op/

Might still like your input though. :thumbs:

It's all good, have completed the import forms with HMRC, now just need to get speedo converted to mph, then MOT and then send off for V5. Bit of a ball ache but worth it. Love the car :)

• Like 1

I might need your Photoshop skills to compare some wheels, although totally skint now so little point teasing myself!

Haha sure, any time! :)

Just realised I still have 1 pending request that I completely forgot about. Oops!!! :scare: