Exterior LED lights for pre-facelift Zeds

DarmoZ

Couldn't find a consolidated place on exterior lights so creating a new thread.

I have a 2004 and after seeing these excellent youtube guide videos, I want to change my exterior bulbs to LED. Goibg to do the Rear bulbs for now as much easier job:

My questions are:

Has anyone done this?

Which bulbs to buy and where from in UK?

Perhaps we can create a list of the exact bulb type for each exterior light and sticky this thread.

(I noticed he has two bulbs on the rear brake housing, I remember last I changed std bulb I just had one, is this normal?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is a guide regarding bulb types for the 350's fyi: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/61926-definitive-bulb-replacementfitment-list-help-pls/

Personally I'd be wary of replacing the rear brake/sidelight with LED bulbs.

I did it myself on my Zed and it caused issues with the front sidelights coming on every time I braked. Now whether this was because my LED rear bulbs weren't canbus error free type ones or not I don't know. Went back to standard rear bulbs in the end and the problem stopped.

I did however replace my front sidelight bulbs with these canbus error free white LED's which worked well: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/T10-501-W5W-CAR-SIDE-LIGHT-BULBS-ERROR-FREE-CANBUS-8-SMD-LED-XENON-HID-WHITE-/161629831750?var=460615581028&hash=item25a1e38246:m:mFkBEQ6xCYeMWDZSsllIh_A

Used these T20 Silvertec bulbs for my front & rear indicators: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SILVERTEC-BU582-SILVER-CHROME-INDICATOR-BULB-T20-CAPLESS-WEDGE-TWIN-PACK-2-BULBS-/121378502875?hash=item1c42b8f8db:g:-tYAAOSwPe1UG~wn

:thumbs:

Thanks for the info ðŸ‘

Regarding the indicator lights, I don't have the tools for resitor install. Any problem with the fast blinking? It's not illegal is it? If anything would get other drivers attention better I think.

Thanks for the info 👊

Regarding the indicator lights, I don't have the tools for resitor install. Any problem with the fast blinking? It's not illegal is it? If anything would get other drivers attention better I think.

For the Silvertec indicator bulbs you don't need to add resistors at all as they are just normal type bulbs just with a special silver coating. The coating means that when they are housed in your headlights you don't get the orange glow or fried egg look as in an unlit state the bulbs are silver in colour, ...turn the indicators on though and they flash orange just like any other indicator bulb.

Perfectly legal as far as I'm aware and passed through MOT's with them fitted. ;)

Awesome! I think I'll just order these ones in the video from the states, they look quality and designed for the Zed, resistor included (if later I decide I don't like the fast blinking)

Awesome! I think I'll just order these ones in the video from the states, they look quality and designed for the Zed, resistor included (if later I decide I don't like the fast blinking)

Are there not ones you can find from UK sellers though if that's the type you want?

Like on eBay, Amazon or similar etc?

Isn't cs2000 the man to ask as he did do LED replacement packages a few months ago

Yep he is BM but I know last time I spoke to him he was winding it all down & literally had just sold his last 350Z LED bulb kit.

Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/76521-350z-370z-led-bulb-kits/page__st__180#entry1340150

He's still very knowledgeable on the LED bulbs front though if you meant just to tap his knowledge. ;)