Can anyone help with corrupted .mp4 files?

chirag1988

Hi guys,

I took some videos and photos on my 4GEE Action camera whilst on holiday but I think the SD card was rubbish and it corrupted the files.

The files have saved and the first two files seem to work, but the others don't open. I'm using VLC but it doesn't open them.

Is there anyone who's experienced in this field that I can email a sample file to if they can try to repair it at all?

Any help would be much appreciated as I've got videos from quad biking and parasailing which I'm gutted I can't watch back!

Thanks,

Chirag :)

Are you trying to open them in VLC directly from the card?

I'm asking as I had the same problem with my dashcam card. I found if I copied the files to the pc first and then opened them from there, they worked fine.

I don't have much hands on but the program I have used is Recuva and is free :)https://www.piriform.com/recuva

If you can take copies of the original data to work on, it might be safer than working on the original files first time off.

Good luck!

Steve - I tried that too but no joy

Stu - I just downloaded Recuva but it doesn't work on Mac :(

Are you trying to open them in VLC directly from the card?

I'm asking as I had the same problem with my dashcam card. I found if I copied the files to the pc first and then opened them from there, they worked fine.

I don't have much hands on but the program I have used is Recuva and is free :)https://www.piriform.com/recuva

If you can take copies of the original data to work on, it might be safer than working on the original files first time off.

Good luck!

Steve - I tried that too but no joy

Stu - I just downloaded Recuva but it doesn't work on Mac :(

I'll drop you a PM