2 part servicing question...

JoshC

Firstly, I suddenly realised today that I think my 370 is overdue a service. The oil was changed when I bought it from BMW about 4000 miles ago so no issues hopefully but still want to keep up with the service schedule.

Last service in the book was an 'M2' service just before 31k miles, I'm now on 40k miles, anyone have any idea which service is required here?

Second question, a message came up on the trip yesterday saying 'Service - Other'. Looked at the alert and it just said 3500/3500. I'm assuming this is something set up to alert me every 3500 miles but what for?

Cheers :)

Josh

I image the M2 is supposed to be a P2 which would be a major service. Was it a P1 before that?

The only real difference between the 2 is the air filters get changed at the P2 and P3 interval. I wonder if the service alert you got has anything to do with the spark plugs? You'd be around the right mileage/age for them now.

Yeah I think the spark plugs are due, not because of the mileage but because of the age I think (5 years). Any recommendations for the best place to pick these up myself?

I guessed they stamped it as M2 instead of P2 for some reason. The previous stamp says M3. So so far it has had M1, M2, M3, M2. Doesn't seem to be following the usual schedule to me hence why I can't work out what is needed now. :blush:

Cheers all. Spoken to both local dealers who said that a M1(P1) will be fine this time round as the last was a P2 and the one before was a P3. Seems to be following an annual schedule rather than a mileage one hence the service coming at an odd mileage figure.

Quote for the P1 was £190 for each but when I asked to supply my own oil (as I already have 5L of it in the flat) Griffin Mill in Ponty knocked £30 off and Wessex in Cardiff knocked £52 off, so will go with them.

She did say that spark plugs are recommended at 5 years but wanted to charge a fortune for them so think I'll get those done by my mates garage but take it to Nissan for the service to keep the stamps in the book.

Can anyone recommend which spark plugs to get for the 370 and where to get them? :)