Going To Attempt Some Vinyl Wrapping!

Statty45

Right im getting serious zeditus!

Just been looking at doing some vinyl wrapping on the interior and rear strut brace cover and got some free off cuts of carbon to have a go with.

Has anyone attempted this and got a guide to removing the panels for the brace?

Also with my Zed being nearly all black I not sure how far to go with the stealth look. Opinions would be awesome! I'll post some pics when I've finished an attempt I'm happy with 😊

post-27426-0-92396400-1446829665_thumb.jpg

Best of luck with your wrapping venture!

I went on a wrapping day course at a local company - cost about £100 + VAT and if you're serious about getting into it I would really recommend one of these courses (even if you're not looking to do it for commercial reasonsbut just want to do it for your own car). I leaned so much on that course and it taught how to work with vinyl, how to 'rescue' bits of vinyl when you think you've totally fubared it and you were also given stacks of useful tools so you save money there.

I haven't actually wrapped my 350z but I did a full wrap on my 300ZX and went for the stealth look:

994978_10152811172410021_643360407_n.jpg?oh=9743a722f70b790ed0ed7ef71a5b9b53&oe=56C814B6

The vinyl I used here was a Ritrama mat black with 'air release' which means it doesn't bubble as much as the none air release.

Post up your results :)

S.

Well I'll see how this goes first and if It goes tits up ill pop to my local company and see if I can spend the day with them and learn a thing or to, so thanks for that :)

With doing motocross I've stuck so many graphics kits on with some awful bends in the plastics and came out on top and that's really thick aswell, so hoping this thinner vinyl will be easier. So fingers crossed.

I've done a few bits over the years (including my patio door cill today- don't ask!) and as long as you take your time and use a hair dryer or heat gun carefully you will be fine.

Like you I am used to putting motorbike decals on and it's easier using wrap. :)

Hi buddy, remove both sections of panelling left and right of plastic z emblem trim, they just pull up on the clips, then pull to loosten the inner and outer banana shape trim each side of the strut. Use a hair dryer to warm and stretch the wrap :)

Thank you mate. I may be wrong but I swear I saw a step by step picture guide on how to do it? I just don't fancy snapping any clips tbh

So I finally found some time to do the strut brace cover. First attempt admittedly I was lazy and thought I could just stretch over the Z and then trim around. Stupid idea. I had more wrinkles than an old folks home 😡

So second time around I drilled the 5 vivets on the back of the Z and then filed the extra pins down flat so it as flush. Then wrapped the whole thing ( so much easier ) and then stuck the Z back on! Quite chuffed how it came out actually. Hope you guys like it too!! 😀ðŸ‘post-27426-0-85624400-1447083298_thumb.jpegpost-27426-0-14406800-1447083325_thumb.jpegpost-27426-0-78150600-1447083395_thumb.jpegpost-27426-0-51471500-1447083415_thumb.jpeg

Heat, patience, and more patience I find works well when using vinyl. When you get it right, it really is quite rewarding. I did the silver plastics on the steering wheel (in situ) which came out fine, worth a go if you want to see the results every time you get in the car, only photo I have is this...

Clean3.jpg

Best of luck with your wrapping venture!

I went on a wrapping day course at a local company - cost about £100 + VAT and if you're serious about getting into it I would really recommend one of these courses (even if you're not looking to do it for commercial reasonsbut just want to do it for your own car). I leaned so much on that course and it taught how to work with vinyl, how to 'rescue' bits of vinyl when you think you've totally fubared it and you were also given stacks of useful tools so you save money there.

I haven't actually wrapped my 350z but I did a full wrap on my 300ZX and went for the stealth look:

994978_10152811172410021_643360407_n.jpg?oh=9743a722f70b790ed0ed7ef71a5b9b53&oe=56C814B6

The vinyl I used here was a Ritrama mat black with 'air release' which means it doesn't bubble as much as the none air release.

Post up your results :)

S.

Squee did you do that whole car yourself? ?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Heat, patience, and more patience I find works well when using vinyl. When you get it right, it really is quite rewarding. I did the silver plastics on the steering wheel (in situ) which came out fine, worth a go if you want to see the results every time you get in the car, only photo I have is this...

Clean3.jpg

Did you do these whilst they were still on the steering wheel or did you get them off some how? Cheers

Sat in the car and did it, as said in situ! Just had the trusty hair dryer and a credit card type thing and made sure I had plenty vinyl to overlap around the edges. From what I remember removing the parts is a real pain so just went for it, took about 20 minutes.

• Like 1