350Z joins the fleet

• 6 months later...

Just an update to say the first 6 months of ownership have been everything I expected and more, I've had all the wheels off and cleaned and re-painted under the arches using Bilt Hambers Hydrate80 followed by a couple of coats of black Smoothrite. The infamous ' M ' brace was removed cleaned and given the same treatment with only one bolt giving me a bit of grief to remove, wont be a problem if I ever have to remove it again as all the bolts received a liberal coating of copper grease in the process, including the ones holding the plastic guards at each end of the brace.

Other than regular cleaning of both the exterior and interior using some leather conditioner, not much more to report although I did clay the car last week which brought the paintwork back to as new condition to be fair.

t88291.jpg

20h5vrq.jpg

Edited by Gerry40

• 4 months later...

Had the Zed a year yesterday and apart from the general cleaning and detailing here and there, changing the engine and gearbox oil, including fitting a K&F oil filter and Blox magnetic sump plug, nothing else has been done.

It has performed faultlessly and brings a smile to my face every time I get in it, admittedly it has a pretty easy life but it's an experience to savour and enjoy, being able to drive it how the mood takes and it feels happy any way is brilliant.

The closest thing to perfection in a modern car I've ever had and suits me down to the ground, can't see me ever selling it...definitely for keeps.

• Like 1