Brand New Rays and Tyres

davegti

I'm thinking about putting some bigger wheels on my car when i collect it. This would mean that i'll have a set of brand new 18"Rays wheels for sale with brand new manufacturers tyres guessing bridgestones.

Does anybody know what these will fetch roughly?

I've had a scout around and not found anything to compare with.

Many Thanks :please:

Hi,

I recently bought a set of rays, with only 3k miles on the rubber, unmarked, they cost me £990.

They have gone for less, but if you are in the local area of someone who wants a set (as was the case with the chap who sold me mine) you should be looking at maybe up to and over a grand.

Bare in mind these are a £1k option, andif you want to buy them new from Nissan, they quote £1k per wheel.

If these are the 06 alloys you are talking about, then you may be looking at even more than £1k, as they will be rare as hens teeth. And certainly attractive for those with pre 06 cars and standad wheels.

doubt it about the 06 comment. Why spend more than £1k on bog standard rims (even if they are options) when you can have proper aftermarket wheels for just over that and be unique?

For reference I have seen countless Rays sets going on ebays in the last 3 years for ~£600.

PS Chris you are mad in having paid nearly £1k for a set of rays nad have to deal with the RE040's all over again! :lol:

Ive not dealt with m first set yet! LOL

I know I probably paid over the odds, but it was very convenient being just down the road, and also I like the OEM look. I like to blend in... LOL.

The are only £1k from a dealer if you buy them with the car, if you want to buy them later, they want £1k per wheel.

Thanks for that fellas didn't realise there would be a :boxing: over it B)

I suppose that there only worth what people want to pay. But i'll try my luck with price around the £1k mark :D

Next question which tyres are best for my new wheels as people seem to put down the bridgestones?

once you try different, especially in the wet, you won't look back!

granted the re040 have quite stiff sidewalls so tyre flex is minimal, but grip in the wet is imo below avarage.

I have on the Work Toyo T1Rs and despite the sidewall being softer, I can't fault them for grip, dry or wet!, also gone has the understeer spcific to the re040 in the wet, ie roundabouts....

I'm thinking about putting some bigger wheels on my car when i collect it. This would mean that i'll have a set of brand new 18"Rays wheels for sale with brand new manufacturers tyres guessing bridgestones.

Does anybody know what these will fetch roughly?

I've had a scout around and not found anything to compare with.

Many Thanks :please:

B) why not keep rays for winter use, on salty roads, and have new set for summer use. that way each set only covers half your milage.

I bought my rays from neilb for £1200 and they were in perfect condition. I then sold my standard wheels for about £600. So the upgrade only cost me £600 compared to the stealers £1000. Result...

• 3 weeks later...

I think £1,000 is nearer the mark.

I've seen standard 18's sell on eBay for £500+, and as stated the tyres would easily be worth £400 on their own regardless of anybody's opinion as to wether they're any good.

If Seedy can sell his standard wheels for £500 then £500 for the Rays is obviously underpriced.