Invidia cbe , berk hfc , aam tips

Kharmon

Just sharing for any one thats interested.

I recently upgraded the exhaust system on my 15 plate nismo .

I ended up going for the invidia cbe recomended by torqen with berk hfc to free up abit of power . I had it all installed and upreved by Horsham developments who where fantastic by the way. I already had befor the uprev some k&n drop inns and hps post maf tubes .These are the only upgrades the car has.

We put it on the dyno with everything fitted and it ran a base of 324bhp (not whp) after jez did some playing around with the fueling we managed to get 355.8bhp and 296whp out of her which doesnt seem huge gains upon the factory stated 344bhp ?

First impression on driving the throttle felt way more responsive and the engine seems to pick up power alot faster and smoother so regards to the dyno reading it feels way faster .

The sound of the cbe with the hfc sounds amazing it is pretty loud and loud on cold starts but thats how i like it ,from around 3000rpm up the noise kicks in and starts to scream around 4500rpm up . The down shifts sound amazing alot louder than befor .

The only down side to the noise is that there is a drone on the motorways but im happy to live with it.

Another down side was the size of the invidia tips they looked lost. So i orderd from aam their 5" burnt ti tips then got a local exhaust place to weld them on these looked amazing .

Big thanks to Torqen for supplying all the parts and to Horsham developments for getting it all fitted and tuned.

on another dyno the initial 324bhp could easy be 340bhp+. dyno's should be used purely to measure gains, in your case very almost 32hp which seems spot on for N/A bolt on tuning.

Edited by davey_83

on another dyno the initial 324bhp could easy be 340bhp+. dyno's should be used purely to measure gains, in your case very almost 32hp which seems spot on for N/A bolt on tuning.

Ah ok that makes sense thanks for the info not a bad gain after all then

The down shifts sound amazing

Definitely. Heard it in person a few weeks back when I was stuck 2 cars behind you in my GM 350z. Awesome sound :thumbs:

Is that the nice black 350z ive seen around here ? Look sweeet

Nah gun metal. I'm more than happy to swap? :lol:

Ah ok seen a few gunmetal ones local to me ill keep my eye out for yah ;) wouldnt be so sure on swapping mines back at the dalers next week clutch has gone already:( for some reason

Oh gosh, that sucks. :scare: Hopefully it'll get sorted without any issues!