Jumping revs

spunkehmunkey

"When in 4th or 5th gear if I full throttle at about 2000 rpm-2400 rpm the revs seem to jump, sometimes as high as 3000 rpm."

If I am reading correctly, you are saying they spin up as if you were reving in neutral and then rise as you would normally expect in line with the increasing road speed? But do you detect in that initial phase the car is not responding in speed as you would expect, or that the momentum is linear from that initial press of the loud pedal?

Not lighting them up. Full throttle as I said but I mean 2-3000 rpm isn't where the power lies. I just said the no ESP light as it could have been due to a lack of grip on tyres due to being under inflated or low on tread etc so just ruling that out really. The clutch feels very healthy, but it does seem likely to be a clutch issue. I am going to get it serviced this month so when I do that I will just ask them to check the clutch too and tell them the issue. Hopefully they won't just try and rip me off :lol:

It is a DE and is about to hit the 70k mark. I will add that it has proven to be an intermittent problem. Also, I had to start my car on an obnoxiously steep hill and it had no issue whatsoever and even in walking pace traffic (which is my daily commute) it never misses a beat. It is also odd that it is most prominent in fifth gear and non existent below fourth.