My Xmas pressie for my car

Kev946

nice, would it be cheeky to ask how much

About £350 the pair. I fitted them myself. These are the ones Lotus supply but charge alot more. Top quality harnesses with anti-submarine, whatever that is... :lol:

Thanks, my reason for asking is that my son has an Elise and I thought I might get him some for his 40th birthday, are they OK for an Elise or just the Exige

About £350 the pair. I fitted them myself. These are the ones Lotus supply but charge alot more. Top quality harnesses with anti-submarine, whatever that is... :lol:

Thanks, my reason for asking is that my son has an Elise and I thought I might get him some for his 40th birthday, are they OK for an Elise or just the Exige

Speak to Malcolm at MSAR. He buys them to suit the Exige and Elise direct from Schroth so much cheaper than from a Lotus dealer. I was quoted around £750... :scare:

See http://www.msar-safety.com

You will need an Harness bar if you haven't got one. Mine's got the sports pack so standard. The harness bars are around £100. MSAR can supply these too. Depends on what type of seats as to which harness bar you need. If there are no slots you need an harness bar with bolt on fittings. If you have slots in the seats the harnessess just wrap round the bar.

Also there are 2 types of buckle. The cheapest and ones Malcolm recommends are technically illegal as they have a twist buckle. I played safe and went with the push button as supplied by Lotus.

Oh and they come in Red, Black and Blue.

Speak to Malcom and he will explain all this.

Speak to Malcolm at MSAR. He buys them to suit the Exige and Elise direct from Schroth so much cheaper than from a Lotus dealer. I was quoted around £750... :scare:

See http://www.msar-safety.com

You will need an Harness bar if you haven't got one. Mine's got the sports pack so standard. The harness bars are around £100. MSAR can supply these too. Depends on what type of seats as to which harness bar you need. If there are no slots you need an harness bar with bolt on fittings. If you have slots in the seats the harnessess just wrap round the bar.

Also there are 2 types of buckle. The cheapest and ones Malcolm recommends are technically illegal as they have a twist buckle. I played safe and went with the push button as supplied by Lotus.

Oh and they come in Red, Black and Blue.

Speak to Malcom and he will explain all this.

Thanks

Nice belts!!!! :D A few different cars I co-drive for in trials and rallies on a regular basis. One in particular changed over to much better belts recently. The Twist system is damn hard to deal with, especially if you have gloves on. :wacko:

loving the seats B) Gorgeous,

Thanks mate. They are Pro Bax, standard with the sports pack.. :thumbs:

are they comfortable, Im abouts to purchase some bride seats

Er...NO... :lol:

They are race seats so have about 1/2 inch of padding and are very light. OK for short journeys and you get amazing feel from the car which is what the car is all about I guess, but the vibration can get a bit much on long journeys. Saying that I drove to London and back Friday, about 120 miles each way and felt fine. No comparison to say a soft seat in a Zed or my Bimmer for long journeys though.