Set of Brembo Callipers

tommoger

Can't you just buy new nipples? :wacko:

Yea I could but I'm told it'd be quite a labour intensive task to sort them and I'd be car-less while it was sorted. But if I had another set I wouldn't need to, plus I want to paint them anyway so might as well do that while I have some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea I could but I'm told it'd be quite a labour intensive task to sort them and I'd be car-less while it was sorted. But if I had another set I wouldn't need to, plus I want to paint them anyway so might as well do that while I have some.

To clarify, you mean these?

90-01adb.jpg

Surely you just screw them out and pop new ones in followed by bleeding the system? 30 minutes would do it.

To clarify, you mean these?

90-01adb.jpg

Surely you just screw them out and pop new ones in followed by bleeding the system? 30 minutes would do it.

I'd have thought so too with my limited knowledge of such things but according to Mitz it'd be more complicated than that :shrug:

What Mitz has said.

You can get into all sorts of issues if the nipples are seized in and they snap off during attempted removal.

If this happens then the caliper has to be removed and sent off to the machine shop for professional removal.

You can not successfully just drill and tap in situ.

Alex. :)

Edited by ZMANALEX
  • Like 3

As an after thought, it would be rude of me not to mention that I have a few sets of Brembo calipers in stock. :lol:

Some are mint and others could do with paint / powder coat.

All pistons and bleed screws are free. :thumbs:

Just drop me a PM if I can help further.

Alex. :)

Edited by ZMANALEX
  • Like 1