Ace Cafe via M40 convoy?

davedutch

Hi,

As Nic is going M1 I thought it might be worth a separate thread...

Are people going via M40 getting together and convoying?

I'm hoping to get new tyres fitted today otherwise it will have to be Saturday first thing but if poss I am happy to meet up.

So if someone wants to suggest a time and location I will do my best to be there otherwise see you all @ Ace Cafe.

• Like 1

I am at the Banbury Junction on the M40, so probably the most South for yourself and Nic anyway, so could meet at Franke And Benny's which is 2 minutes off the M40.

I have not been to Ace cafe before.

Google I suggesting it is 1hr 35m - obviously we will improve on this, so how about 9.30am with depart at 9.45 I we are to be at Ace Café for 11am

Cool, I have just clocked, my Google was allowing for traffic which is bad this morning.

So its only an hour which sounds better.

I still reckon 9.30 am good though.

I note too - Nic has another thread for this, but taking the M1 which does not make sense for me being 10minutes off the M40.

Cool, I have just clocked, my Google was allowing for traffic which is bad this morning.

So its only an hour which sounds better.

I still reckon 9.30 am good though.

I note too - Nic has another thread for this, but taking the M1 which does not make sense for me being 10minutes off the M40.

I have to get a freind from Rugby so that's the reason for M1

I need to have a good look at the map M40 is defo a beter run imo bit ill see

I'll be trundling down the M40 from Warwick, will more than likely meet Harry and Chizzz in Warwick before and head down together.

Wendy - we were thinking of meeting at Oxford services from 9am and looking to leave at 9:30 which would mean Mark could also join in with the convoy.

How does this work for everybody else?

Wendy,

As it's your neck of the woods, 9:00 - 9:30 but do we stick with Frankie & Bennie or Oxford services?

It looks like I am giving up on tyres being here in time so I will come down as is (mismatched tyres 3 brands and none very good!)

See you all about 9:00

• Like 1

Dave,

I am happy to meet at 9am at Oxford Services as Ogman suggests. That is a far way for you though to get to for 9am. You sure that is OK ?

I will bring Scottish trip details - well that I have done so far anyway.

Ogam/Everyone else

AmyZed has the event as starting at 11am - till 4pm, we will be there mega early ???

10 - 4pm is a long time chatting and eating in the cafe !!! Do we really want to be this early ? Am I missing something ?

If not..... thinks I will be bringing my car cleaning stuff and spending the time there to spuce up my car seldom having time otherwise. :lol:

We'll be leaving services at 9:30am though, so should arrive around 10:30am - providing we don't hit any traffic! Think that will be about right :)

I just said from 9am, so we can try and round the troops before leaving at 9:30 - there's also a starbucks there for those coffee heads :thumbs:

Yes sorry Mark you're right! It is the one you cross over the road, I was getting it mixed up.

I think we should meet on the left hand side as you arrive into the car park. Will get there for 9am so look out for a black 350, silver 350 and white 370 sat together on the left hand side of the car park

Edited by Ogman