takata harnesses

dougie350

Hi dougie.

I like your style but seems a lot on here won't.

There was a guy on driftworks selling the replicas for £120 a set, was a few weeks ago now so may have to hunt for his for sale thread but he had a few sets, black and green.

• Like 1

I'm running OMP harnesses and welded 4 eye bolt plates onto rear strut bar and cut 4 holes in plastic...so plastic still covers it all and then you just screw bolts from harnesses through the holes into the eye bolt plates.

• Like 1

http://www.ebay.co.u...tm/111787117368

£105, so got to be a replica!

"for off road use only" worrying disclaimer.

My thoughts exactly!

I was looking for some Atalanta harnesses myself another day and came across them...they look good on the picture, but I just wouldn't trust them!

You never know, they might be brilliant, but might not...for the safety items like that I wouldn't test my luck lol

I know this might sound trite, but, how hard/expensive can it be to stitch some webbing together, i think the thing that would worry me most is the buckle mechanism.

Think i prefer to just buy some out of date fia harness's

Yea, that. I'm pretty sure that the actual material part of it will be strong...it's the buckle that worries me as well.

I'll stick to my OMP ones until I can afford real Takata ones...as I do love them! Lol

Thanks for the input everyone, In relation to being reps etc, I've seen/used reps before and they have appeared very good, the stitching was fine and the mechanisms worked perfectly. I think a lot of aftermarket/performance parts are stated for "off road/track use only" probably due to laws etc......

Always wondered how you would drill and and fix these Harness straps. Where are the fixing points?

I've completely stripped the back out of my z now, including all the speaker housing as I've got a cage in it, and there is a threaded mounting hole, not sure if it's designed for a eye bolt but it fits one in perfectly and is in the right place for a 3 point harness, when I get mine they will be mounted on the horizontal bar I've had put in to replace the strut bar I've taken out :)

• Like 1

Dougie get a progress build going. Any stripping and track work is interesting. Unless you have one or elsewhere?

As for the threaded hole, just make sure the metal it's mounted to is substantial enough to take the force of being pulled forwards.

Edited by cascade88

Dougie get a progress build going. Any stripping and track work is interesting. Unless you have one or elsewhere?

As for the threaded hole, just make sure the metal it's mounted to is substantial enough to take the force of being pulled forwards.

I have got a build thread but haven't added to it lately, I will do though, the car is in for a colour change atm so when it comes back next week I'll update it :) yeh i wasn't sure what it was for really, I won't be using it, just noticed it as I was stripping stuff out.