LX56 DWO

ChrisMcQ

Is this anyone on here's Z or does anybody know it?

Reg - LX56 DWO , chili red

Possibly going to view it on Sunday but somethings not adding up right, thought i'd ask on here just incase :)

Thank you in advance for any help!

Welcome aboard. :welcome:

If you're unsure but still interested in buying the Zed then the best thing you can do is get an online HPI check done firstly so you know it has no outstanding finance owed or has been in an accident, ....next thing to do is when you see the car check it over making sure the VIN numbers all match up/mileage with MOTS etc etc.

Also if it's a private sale try to make sure you are viewing it with the registered owner & it's at the address it is registered to. Never meet the seller half way etc as this can be dodgy. Sure there are more tips but that's just for starters. :thumbs:

350Z buyers guide: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/77426-buyers-guide/

350Z service schedule: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/31110-service-schedule-for-a-350z/

The service schedule is a good thing to know when you go to look at the car so you can tell if it's been serviced correctly. E.g: changes done at the correct mileage/year/age. ;)

I don't have previous keepers details but I do know is that it was on pistonheads 1 month ago for 3k more than it is up for sale just now. The pics on the add are also the same ones from pistonheads (took a lot of hard work to find them!!)

I think it's just too good to be true (looking at it, it almost certainly is) however I will wait until the seller calls me.

In the meantime i'll get back onto the classifieds and keep searching :D

hahaha don't you know it!!

thank you and I think I will! If i find anything else out i'll update on here so hopefully it can help save someone being wripped off or else I may being showing off my new car 😂

I don't have previous keepers details but I do know is that it was on pistonheads 1 month ago for 3k more than it is up for sale just now. The pics on the add are also the same ones from pistonheads (took a lot of hard work to find them!!)

One thing that comes to mind that I have seen before is scammers copying an advert for a car that is/was for sale and then putting it on eBay/Pistonheads etc with a much lower price.

The idea being that they will ask you for a deposit before you see the car and keep it as they don't even have the car or like what happened to another member on here a while ago which was he paid in full without even seeing the car as it was such a good deal and arranged to have the car delivered, ...the car never was delivered (luckily he managed to get his money back via the bank).

Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/94916-warning-possible-scam-on-ph05-rod/

Just be careful Chris and definitely don't exchange any money, bank details etc without seeing the car/V5's etc. :thumbs:

GMballistic this scam is along the same lines... asking me to sign up to google gsd. He/she/robot seller has said I can "inspect" the car before it is delivered to me, however they are offshore and and will not be able attend. They also told me they had owned it since 2012 when the registered keeper was changed 2 weeks ago(HPI check...), possibly changed husband-wife or something like that but I doubt it.

A big AVOID from me.

I sincerely hope anyone looking to buy that car reads this and the link above and gets wise to it.

Thank you for all of your help guys!

GMballistic this scam is along the same lines... asking me to sign up to google gsd. He/she/robot seller has said I can "inspect" the car before it is delivered to me, however they are offshore and and will not be able attend. They also told me they had owned it since 2012 when the registered keeper was changed 2 weeks ago(HPI check...), possibly changed husband-wife or something like that but I doubt it.

Why did you not say all this in your first post. :surrender:

• Like 2

When I was looking for my Z recently I saw a few scam adverts on pistonheads, it seems pretty rife. I reported it to them and they did sweet FA, no reply to the message either, but it was a case of seller being "out of the country". Make sure you can 100% view the car before parting with anything, from what I've seen they recycle pictures and descriptions from other places (one of them was definitely sourced from the sold section on here). If it sounds too good to be true it probably is!

Why did you not say all this in your first post. :surrender:

I was updating this thread as I found out more information :) when I started the thread all I had was a squeaky clean HPI check! And an amazingly good deal 😅

Yes this was a carbon copy of the add from pistonheads minus a couple pictures. Because the add has been removed it was tough to find! Had to do a reverse image search catfish style (or carfish as my gf is calling it 😂😂😂😂)