M1 6YRF's Zed Build

M1 6RYF

Thought i would quickly update the thread as i have had quite a lot of little parts arrive. I haven't had time to get anything done or fitted so i have put Saturday aside ready to everything sorted.

My to do list for the weekend:

• Decats
  • Paint eyelids
  • Reverse camera
  • Under car LED
  • Phone holder
  • New aux cable
  • New screws for steering wheel
  • Splitter stablizers
  • A few decals on the slam panel

I'm sure there is more that i can't remember.

Here are a few pics because everyone loves pictures

Japspeed decals. I do need to get the spacers for the EML

IMG-20151015-WA0000_zps0uldiflm.jpg

A new 275 piece tool kit. Hopefully this will be everything i need.

IMG-20151105-WA0004_zpsein5nlo8.jpeg

New under car LED that have 7 colours, with flashing modes, a remote fob and a microphone to flash along to the music.

Wireless reverse camera

A few decals for the slam panel

Splitter stablizers

4L of 5W30 Castrol oil (it was really in need)

Screws for the 'Sparco' wheel

Phone holder and longer AUX cable

20151105_132958_zpsskqeulas.jpg

Hopefully on Saturday there will be pictures of it all fitted. Especially after a deep clean!

Well I have been in the workshop most of the day, trying to get my to do list finished, but unfortunately, I did not managed to get it all done. I will start with the stuff I didn't do.

Decals - The bolt were very rusted and looked seized so I decided I would pay someone to do it to save myself a massive headache. I might just sell them as I don't really know any friendly MOT people.

Eyelids - I received a quote to paint the eye lids and splitter, I was very surprised and happy with his previous work so I'm saving for that, the splitter stabilisers will be fitted after painting.

New AUX cable - Sometime eBay lets us down. It doesn't work!! it was only 99p so would cost me just as much to return it so I'm just going to cut my loss. The old one works just fine anyway.

Decals on the slam panel - I just didn't have time.

New screws for the steering wheel - Same as above

I have just realised ho much i didn't do. Bad times.

I managed to install the wireless reverse camera

20151107_202237_zpsamojzxyp.jpg

I think its very discreet and was very easy to install with the guide on this forum. I bought the wireless version which took less than 25 mins to install.

20151107_202150_zpsdwfs54bv.jpg

The under car LED were really simple to install and wire. I didn't have much time so i didn't take any photos of the install, but here is what it looks like now. Sorry for the rubbish photos.

20151107_202300_zpszz48xxzo.jpg

IMG-20151107-WA0006_zpsqem9vqjj.jpg

The remote

IMG-20151107-WA0008_zpsdrqlulqr.jpg

The remote changes the lights to 7 colours, different flash modes, sound activated mode and more.

I only managed to take photos during the flash mode so it looks like it doesn't cover the length of the car, but it does.

Finally, the phone holder, which is very useful. I have tried using the phone as a Go Pro and it works brilliantly.

20151107_202215_zpsrwlvcfk0.jpg

Edited by M1 6RYF

Today, i attempted to get my flip key cut.

Two Timpsons shops said they wouldn't cut the key but I found an indy that would. Only cost me a fiver.

IMG-20151114-WA0000_zps89zddpl5.jpeg

Then i thought it would be a smart idea to change the internals in Aldi car park without reading up on it. Obviously it wasn't Luckily this is how i got home.

IMG-20151114-WA0006_zpssmmabrfq.jpeg

Unfortunately and fortunately, i have been offered the chance of buying a new car, which i can't pass up.

So this weekend i will be stripping the car back to standard before i trade it in / or sell it.

As of this weekend i will be selling the following:

4 x spacers (25mm rear & 20mm Front)

K1 Exhaust

Neo Crome gear knob

CF Canards

Tarmac side steps

Brand new Bonnet struts

Plenum spacer

NRG short hub & D1 Spec quick release adapter and Sparco style wheel

Luggage net

Rep Bride seats with buddy club seats

Slam panel

Eye lids

Decats

Splitter stabilisers (unused)

Flyboy Mirror mod kit (unused)

Plus the car lol

I will list all the above properly this weekend, once taken off the car. If you are interested feel free to PM to secure them.