Original suspension for 2008 roadster

Danny Winder

My car has been lowered and is on 19 inch rims. The ride is very hard and clearance is useless. Looks great but not ideal for every day use. I want to return it to standard suspension. I see that there was a suspension upgrade in 2007. Should I look for someone to sell standard springs etc for 2008 model. Will it make the difference I'm looking for ????? ( ride and liveability )

If you're on coilovers, just raise it?

If it's on springs, don't drive a 100mph over speed bumps and you wont scrape.

Mine scraped on some speed bumps whilst lowered on springs, no matter what speed or angle I took.

I know there were slight improvements in handling on the hr, dont really know how to quantify if it will be noticeable. I'd imagine the suspension will be good for a while, don't know when others have had to replace before....

I know I keep on about it, but would it be a more comfortable and manageable ride on standard springs ????? And also I think easier to sell 0n as original ?????

Don't get me wrong. I love it but for every day use in the @*!# roads around here I wonder ????

If you have lowered springs, and go back to standard, then the ride will be softer. Shorter springs have a higher spring rate to compensate for the reduced travel which gives you a harder ride. WHich is great for cornering, but means more visits to the dentist to have your fillings replaced.

If you put standard springs on then you'll have a larger gap between tyre and arch. If they're brand new standard springs, then the gap will be larger still, until they settle.

How much? no idea. I've never reverted a car back to standard. I've only ever lowered them. Haven't bothered with the Z though, looks and handles well as standard IMO.