No throttle response - "super limp mode"

John-Fram

Tuesday - jumped in car as normal, took 4 goes to start - very unusual but thought I must have come off the clutch too soon. Drove 16 miles no issues except engine management light on. Drove 16 miles home no issues - could red line it without any problem.

That evening started it fine, drove maybe 200m and thought it had cut out. Loads of lights up inc ESP and traction. Idling but no revs showing. Could only drive it on idle changing speed with gears but essentiallyI could limp faster.

Thursday checked over by mechanic who drove it maybe 5 miles. Same lights but no problems. Later would start but only on idle, again no throttle response.

Fault codes (sorry don't have them) suggest its a throttle valve or controller problem. Nissan want an obscene amount.

Any ideas on fault, why and solutions.

Cheers

350Z 2005 60k miles

You can try to do pedal dance --> http://www.350z-uk.c...e-valve-resets/ to reset your ECU and throttle body.

Best if you can get the actual fault code.

If the issue still occurs, might want to consider giving it a good clean (be gentle and only do it if you know what you are doing) or maybe its time for a new throttle body. Zmanalex should be able to sort you out with a good pre-loved ones.......

Good luck and let us know your outcome......

Edited by veeg33

It sounds like the throttle position sensor on the engine and the actual throttle pedal get confused as to where each other are, I had it a few times in mine - just cuts all power and youre knackered until its happy again.

Mine reset itself if you cycled the ignition (I actually did it while still caning round Spa once :lol: ) but if youre getting repeated errors it sounds like one or other sensor needs replacing, my bet is the pedal one.