Threads for Mishimoto Sandwich Plate

jumping350

Right im confused, I need to block the ports for the oil cooler lines on below sandwich plate I have

http://www.mishimoto.co.uk/oil-sandwich-plate-m20-silver.html

I rang Mishimoto but there not sure and said it should be 1/8 NPT - I thought 1/8NPT was for the oil temp sensor (which is tiny) anyway I googled it like the guy told me and came back with this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-8-NPT-Hex-Head-BLACK-SOCKET-BLANKING-PLUG-BUNG-BLOCKER-Male-Fuel-Oil-Adapter-/371003488680?hash=item566187f9a8

It looks right but could be a really close up picture of a tiny bolt :lol: anyway on some of the google results it comes up with the right looking bolt but also comes upn with the tiny blanks for the oil temp sensor :headhurt:

anyone know what it is? its obviously got to be quite a big bung as its blocking the oil line holes up

good shout thanks, I did that 10 minutes ago they will ring me back, worst thing is ive just found a sandwich plate with everything on it I need :headhurt: may just have to get that rather than piece this one together, we shall see what mishimoto comes back with

Edited by jumping350

no word from Mishi so guessing they cant find out at the moment, basically im trying to put a sandwich plate on top of a sandwich plate, one is thermostatic the other wont be, which way round should they go when installing?

i.e non thermostatic (off engine)- thermostatic (going to oil cooler) - then oil filter?

This is the order I need them in , is this ok?

Edited by jumping350

just a small update Mishimoto got back to me and told me it was an AN10 fitting (trusted them and didnt bother to check as i gave them part number etc), bought some AN10 bungs.....its AN8 :headhurt:

Ordered some AN8 bungs now so lets see if that does the trick! I hate all oil stuff this week :lol:

anyone help on the above post? am i ok to run the mocal thermostatic plate (with oil cooler lines) next to the oil filter with another sandwich plate between that and the engine block? all should work as normal?

I ran mine like that for years without any issues. :)

Engine - Sandwich plate for oil cooler - Sandwich plate for gauges -Oil filter.

Edited by Sam Mcgoo

Just popping my head up as I have one sitting above my computer that has yet to be fitted but would you not have to have a hose connecting the two outlets because if you block the two large oil exit holes the oil has no where to go? :wacko: the design on my sandwich plate (same as yours) has an outlet and inlet so oil can only get to the other side of the plate by exiting or entering the holes.

Just popping my head up as I have one sitting above my computer that has yet to be fitted but would you not have to have a hose connecting the two outlets because if you block the two large oil exit holes the oil has no where to go? :wacko: the design on my sandwich plate (same as yours) has an outlet and inlet so oil can only get to the other side of the plate by exiting or entering the holes.

Thats a good point I was thinking about that while looking at it now :lol: does the oil come out of the hole in the engine? (the one the oil filter threads into), shouldnt it travel up the the two adapter bolts and then into the oil filter fill up my other sandwich plate (mocal) then through the oil lines....if that were the case then first sandwich plate wouldnt get any oil in it at all...i think

Edited by jumping350

have a look at the design, how can oil get from one side of the plate to the other if you put bungs in the holes? The oil would come out your engine to into your filter through the middle threaded pipe then as it tries to exit your filter through the outer holes it would hit the plate with the bung!

That sounds like a plan cheers buddy,

heres why im doing it

IMG_1449_zpsk8atpjm5.jpg

my new sump is too wide so when one sandwich plate is on the oil lines wont clear sump as also another sensor is in way, so was looking to space it out to clear sump, tbh the first sandwich plate was just for oil temp (which I can live with out for now) I need to get it sorted and mapped really.

Technically if it travel down the threaded pipe filled oil filter filled mocal plate, would it not fill one side of the Mishimoto sandwich plate which I could tap an oil temp sensor into as it has bungs both sides

Edited by jumping350

You cant block the outlet/inlet from a oil cooler take off plate this will stop the oil flow and cause a major engine issue

What you need is a gauge plate that allows oil pressure and oil temp takes off to be fitted;

Like this

http://imageshack.co...7062/iJiPSV.jpg

if you just want oil temp , just remove the stock Nissan Oil temp sender and add your own sensor in this fitting and then turn off the Nissan oil temp sensor input with Uprev , this puts the car into limp @ around 130Deg C oil temp.

If your fitting an oil cooler I would just remove the stock oil/water cooler assembly and join the 2 water pipes together.

thanks

Edited by Mark@Abbey m/s

Yup, looks like it will be fine as long as the ports are correct for your application and the thread is the same for your filter/engine.(don't have a set of thread gauges handy or access to the pipe to check the old thread count per inch blah blah...

brit.jpg

Unless its imperial... :lol:

Sorry I am a bit drunk.

Edited by evilscorp

Cheers mate, ports are ok as I have 1/8 NPT sensor, yeah its just the adapter and if its right thread for oil filter, I dont know what stock one is other then the adapter is meant to be

m20 x 1.5

I hate all threads and pitches since doing the s/c install there is waaaay to many :scare:

• Like 1