Shane McGowan, stop that!

stevie_350z

I was hearing this morning that Radio 1 have censored Fairytale of New York... funny how this is suddenly offensive, but for the last umpteen years it has been ok.

Another victory for the PC Brigade

Thats absolute b*llocks. I hate that kind of cr*p. And this from a Radio Station that advertises "Black music only".

Politically correct ? I think not.

The weired things is that Radio 2 is playiong the uncensored one - so much for hip hop hipity hop Radio 1

Still in my opinion the greatest Christmas record .. ever and yes Nixy I think of Kirsty when I hear this, another very very underated star and badly missed

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Not to mention the dodgy surroundings of her demise and a wealthy person possibly getting away with it while his servant takes the rap!

Yep - its like that over there. I lived in Bahrain for a couple of years, and he who has most money obays least laws.

:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

they just played the song, including faggot, on bbc tv news.

maybe R1 are doing it for publicity? i always thought R1 was @*!# anyway, apart from the odd late night session.

I like R1 - I think Moyles and Mills are bloody funny :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Radio 1 has reversed its decision to bleep out the word "faggot" from Pogues hit Fairytale Of New York.

MacGowan and MacCollThe station initially said the term could be offensive to listeners.

But controller Andy Parfitt later said: "After careful consideration, I have decided that the decision to edit the Pogues song Fairytale of New York was wrong."