Should I restore to original height

Danny Winder

Wearing inside of tyres has nothing to do with camber. Its the toe/tracking that does that. Get it realigned.

Changing the ride height wont do anything for the back breaking ride. Youll need stock soft suspension to solve that. What suspension is on it?

Wut?...your post is wrong from start to finish.

No its not. Sure, the inside of the tyre will wear more than the outside but very slowly - if they tyre is good for 10K miles then its still going to do pretty much 10K miles, but the outside isnt going to wear down as quickly.

"Wearing in front of my eyes" is not going to be due to camber, it will be alignment.

Hes also right on the ride quality, preload is preload, it doesnt change depending on height. My old Zed was lowered 55mm but rode better than a lot of standard cars due to decent quality suspension and proper setup :)

Edited by docwra

LOL yes Im being serious :lol:

Static negative camber increases will not wear your tyres inside edge any quicker that you would notice or be able to tell - unless the camber is so retarted its lifting tread off the tarmac (like dubbers do).

Honestly, hand on heart its true. If youre wearing the inside edge excessivly compared to the rest of the tyre its toe related and not camber B)

Ok, I guess defining excessive is the key issue here.

I have seen a lot of cars recently which have excessive inner wear due to negative camber, as you say dub dubs and stancetards etc. A friends little brother bought a slammed scene car and corded the inner edge within a few months with almost full tread outer. The car has so much negative camber to tuck the tyre under the arch the outer edge is barely touching the ground.

I guess your point is if you are running negative camber within a normal range of a few degrees you will not have excessive wear issues, however if you are running much toe out for improved turn in you will see much faster inner wear?

I think negative camber does not cause wear on the inside of the tyre is too general a statement given the amount of cars currently running extreme negative camber currently.

Wearing inside of tyres has nothing to do with camber. Its the toe/tracking that does that. Get it realigned.

Changing the ride height wont do anything for the back breaking ride. Youll need stock soft suspension to solve that. What suspension is on it?

Wut?...your post is wrong from start to finish.

No its not. Sure, the inside of the tyre will wear more than the outside but very slowly - if they tyre is good for 10K miles then its still going to do pretty much 10K miles, but the outside isnt going to wear down as quickly.

"Wearing in front of my eyes" is not going to be due to camber, it will be alignment.

Hes also right on the ride quality, preload is preload, it doesnt change depending on height. My old Zed was lowered 55mm but rode better than a lot of standard cars due to decent quality suspension and proper setup :)

If you have excess +/- camber than standard, you'll receive more tyre wear at either edge. That's just physics and common sense.

And no, preload doesn't change, but spring rate does because a shorter spring has to do the same job as the OEM springs but with less travel allowance.

For instance, if you extert 100KG on a OEM spring and it travels 3 inches, then that same 100KG on a shortened spring, with 1.5" of travel can only be done with a tougher spring. Hence the much firmer ride.

And yes, you may have lowered 55m on your vehicle and have it ride better, but there is no way you can lower your suspension 55mm and not have a much firmer ride. Again, that's just physics. You can't have the same travel on a shorter spring, it's impossible.

Edited by Juggalo