What would be best ?

Kaveney

The car is coming along nice but I want to have a look at the suspension next .

My 350z has Whitelinr ARB front and rear and Whiteline H/D drop links and front and rear bracing underneath .

The suspension now is Tein springs and HP blue ( stock shocks ) shocks .

My car is a everyday car so I do not want it too firm but at the same time want to add to the suspension from a performance point .

I was thinking of Bilstien B6 shocks to go with the tein springs and then some camber arms at the rear tow links at the rear new track rod ends and front upper links .

Or do I look at coilovers ?

Im not fussed about the looks so height Adjustable is not that important to me .

Thanks

Alan

A sensible budget :) At that range I'd be looking at something like the KW V3 kit, which might be a fraction more cash but it's pretty much the best you'll get. Other options I'd consider would be the B16 if you want to stick looking at Bilstein, they're excellent as well and to split the two kits would be splitting hairs.

I'd definitely be looking to lose the Tein springs, they're very much a budget set designed for lowering rather than performance. Better than stock, but you can do much better on that budget. :thumbs:

A sensible budget :) At that range I'd be looking at something like the KW V3 kit, which might be a fraction more cash but it's pretty much the best you'll get. Other options I'd consider would be the B16 if you want to stick looking at Bilstein, they're excellent as well and to split the two kits would be splitting hairs.

I'd definitely be looking to lose the Tein springs, they're very much a budget set designed for lowering rather than performance. Better than stock, but you can do much better on that budget. :thumbs:

someone please report to the Admin Staff that Ekona's account has been hacked. There was no mention of a drivers course or changing to a better quality tyre.

:)

i havent uprated my suspension myself yet on the Z, but for that solid budget get a matched spring+shock setup /or coilovers as mentioned above.

last time i ran aftermarket springs on stock shocks i found the ride awful as they didnt mate up very well.

• Like 1

Just thinking about its 10 years old on the rubber but I could look in to this later I guess .

Alan

Btw, I wouldn't worry about camber arms and other bits at this point, they won't make any difference to your ultimate goal. Get the main bit done then see how you feel, i suspect you'll be very happy with the outcome.

I had HSD's on mine and they blew me away, Ive tried lots of coilovers on lots of cars and these were arguably the best, they are also damn good value IMO.

Ive got a Bilstein kit on my 135i and while its superb on bumpy B roads the car is a lot "looser" than it would be on coilovers. When the HSD's are so compliant thats difficult to look past IMO ........

I'll be going for the meister coilovers when I remember to order them . I have the tein/bilstein b6 combo at the moment and for a road set up / B road blast it really is a good combo . I have covered about 1k now on this set up but moving to coilovers as I think there is a slight room for improvement.